I’ve just launched a new Facebook page for Primal Blueprint Publishing, where you can find photos, videos, book reviews, and recipes from your favorite Primal books. Stay tuned for constant updates to the page to keep you guys up to speed with the latest news from our Primal authors – what books we’re getting ready to release, when we’re releasing them, and fun, random info about our authors. Make sure to “Like” it, too! Thanks!
Research of the Week
We’ve all heard of the hygiene hypothesis, which posits that excessive sterility is responsible for the increase in allergies and autoimmune diseases. New research suggests that it may extend to Alzheimer’s disease, too.
Strength training has been dubbed safe for kids and teens. Good to have it confirmed.
Interesting Blog Posts
How to check your leg muscle function – and your general preparedness for life – with a simple physical test.
Okay, you’ve got a treadmill desk, and that’s great and all, but can you use it to scroll through a web page or control your Internet speed? (Side note: Check back next Wednesday when I’ll be publishing a video on the standup workstations at both my home and office.)
This is a great story of how the son of an American anthropologist and Yanomami tribeswoman returned to the Amazon in search of his mother, twenty years after she got sick of America and hightailed it back to the jungle.
C-sections are big moneymakers. Is that why they’re on the rise?
Looks like Vibram Fivefingers aren’t so new after all.
Here’s what happens when you stop going outside. It ain’t pretty. Well, the video is actually quite pretty, but the ramifications of avoiding the outdoors are not.
Boy, inadequate sleep really, really messes with the hormones responsible for keeping you lean and healthy.
- Good dense winter squash is finally beginning to appear in markets around here, so it’s the perfect time to make spicy cocoa-dusted kabocha squash.
- Most lamb tagines I’ve had were made with apricots or raisins. Those were good, but I’m really interested in making this one using dates.
One year ago (Sept 8 – Sept 14)
- Starting From Zero – Why starting from what feels like zero isn’t actually all that bad, if you know how to approach it.
- Action Item #1: Eliminate SAD Foods – The first thing you must do when going Primal is eliminate the bad stuff. Here’s how to do it.
Comment of the Week
Cynics/skeptics bring the same utility to any discussion about health as a eunuch would bring to an orgy.
– Illustratively (and well!) said, Laurie.