Research of the Week
Adding an officially recognized as safe amount of sugar to mice’s daily diets didn’t make them fat, but it did render the males a bit more impotent and the females somewhat more dead . In human terms, it’d be like adding three cans of soda to your diet.
The world’s oldest gaming tokens have been uncovered , further confirming that people really, really like to play.
Interesting Blog Posts
What’s the point  of a perfect diet and exercise routine if it detracts from a full life?
Chris Kresser lays out some health lessons to be gleaned from the French .
This article on coconut oil  is a prime example of the worst kind of conventional wisdom.
Are we killing the athletic prospects of millions of kids with the “sports gene”  (which is linked to a powerful, dopamine-driven need to be constantly moving) with widespread administration of ADHD drugs?
Bill Clinton explains why he’s a vegan  (who eats eggs and salmon every week). That’s the kind of veganism I can get behind.
Carrots may not improve your vision, but they will help you defeat fascist regimes .
This article  laments the “sleep texting epidemic” destroying sleep quality among college students, but I have a feeling it’s spreading to other demographics, too.
Soon, we’ll all be able to take a test that uses a laser to determine the precise date of our death . I can’t wait to rush out and grab that one!
Something to keep in mind  when reading studies or science reporting.
- Here’s something you’ve probably never thought to try: cantaloupe soup . It even rhymes.
- Ground beef can get kinda boring, no matter how grass-fed it is. Thai ground beef curry  is a nice way to switch things up.
One year ago (Aug 18 – Aug 24)
- IE: The Power of Intermittent Euphoria  – Because who wants to be euphoric all the time? That would just be exhausting.
- Gender Differences in Fat Metabolism  – No, men and women aren’t exactly alike. No, their differences can’t all be written off as cultural programming.
Comment of the Week
I posted up above, but we’re all survivors. If you look back and thought, I did my best in a stressful circumstance, it’s enough. As far as I can tell, babies are somewhat parasitic beings (really) and tend to sap their mother’s nutritional base if the immediate food stuffs are less than ideal. (I’ve seen young women not eating right who look, well aged too fast, after multiple pregnancies.) If everyone seems in good health now, do what you can right now to improve everyone’s nutrition and let it go. I’ve heard rumors that the past is pretty well unchangable.
– Extremely wise words  that should be heeded by all.