Research of the Week
A recent study suggests  that people taking statins get “less bang from their exercise buck” than people not on statins.
Infecting (“dosing”?) celiac people with the hookworm parasite made them more tolerant of gluten in a recent study .
Interesting Blog Posts
Boy, Walter Willett really, really doesn’t like science that conflicts with his recommendations .
If you like the work of Chris Masterjohn, PhD, and want him to continue doing it, consider donating to his lab .
Why are so many top endurance athletes having heart problems? The NZ Herald explores the situation .
In case you missed it (I know I never miss an episode, personally; love me some Whoopi), Kelly Starrett was recently seen  mobilizing the cast and guests of ABC’s The View. Kelly’s segment starts at 19:20.
An illustrated history of heart disease  (and our pathetic attempts to fix it).
Another helpful guide to building your own standing workstation . It’s geared towards gamers but should work fine for anyone.
A challenger appears: GMO wheat inexplicably pops up  in an Oregon wheat field.
Speaking of which, here’s farming , before and after Monsanto.
- Aubergine melts . Or, eggplant melts, but aubergine is fancier. Add some meat to the dish for a complete meal.
- I’m not surprised I hadn’t come across the idea of making mayonnaise out of small oily fish  before today, but I sure wish I had.
One year ago (Jun 2 – Jun 8)
- Why You Should Work Outside  – It may not be possible, but this is why you should make the effort to work outdoors.
- Top 7 Most Common Reactions to Your High-Fat Diet (and How to Respond)  – People often have funny reactions when you don’t fear fat. Here’s how to handle the madness.
Comment of the Week
– Maybe so , but it remains my best option at getting the word out.