Texans, we’ve got a few openings left for the upcoming Primal Blueprint Transformation and True Nature Training Seminars in Austin on May 4 and in Houston on May 5. Learn how to live Primal and move naturally!
Research of the Week
A new study finds that markers of long-term stress (hair cortisol) correlate just as strongly to cardiovascular disease as traditional CHD risk factors.
Sunbathing mushrooms – the new vitamin D supplement?
Beards protect your face from sun damage, collect dust and pollen that would otherwise reach your nose, and help you retain moisture, according to science. You can expect me fully and lustrously bearded at the next PrimalCon.
Interesting Blog Posts
MDA reader Paul Austin just penned an extensive, impressive post describing how to deal with gluten intolerance when on the road.
There’s another TMAO media uproar, this time about eggs and cardiovascular disease. Examine.com takes this one on.
This fellow who appeared on Good Day LA to talk about Primal living looks awfully familiar.
Loren Cordain and Nell Stephenson recently appeared on Dr. Oz to discuss the paleo diet. Check out how it went down.
How one man stays healthy, stays young, and keeps his wits about him: endless, endless play.
Portly zoo grizzly bears who were placed on an ancestral bear diet (whole prey instead of hamburger meat and dog food, fibrous veggies instead of tropical fruit) shed tons of weight. Might people also benefit from “nature’s weight management program”?
- Seriously, who can argue against using actual scallops in place of sandwich bread?
- I’m always up for a good frittata recipe, like this sausage and butternut squash frittata.
One year ago (Apr 28 – May 4)
- Is It Primal? – Coconut Water, Chocolate Milk, Glycomaize and Other Foods Scrutinized – In which I kick off the “Is It Primal?” series of posts with ten questionable foods.
- Why We Don’t Walk Anymore (plus a Primal Health Challenge) – People don’t walk nearly as much as they used to – or should. Here’s why, and what to do about it.
Comment of the Week
– That’s exactly how they get you, Nocona! It’s all part of the plan.