Rich Food, Poor Food has hit select Costcos! To commemorate it – and to let Costco know it would behoove them to carry it everywhere – we’re putting on a raffle. Buy a copy from Costco (or any other online or brick-and-mortar store), send in your receipt, and be entered to win some cool prizes.
Research of the Week
Want the blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and blood lipid-related benefits of “cardio” without, well, the tedium and downsides of running? Walking works just as well.
It seems chimps are skilled botanists.
Interesting Blog Posts
KStar shows you how to properly organize, brace, and then load the spine.
A former vegan explains how veganism caused her and her family’s health issues, and why she feels (and looks) much better with high-quality animal foods in her diet and grains, legumes, and seed oils out of it.
Are we too reliant on prescription meds? Have we become a pill nation?
Pro basketball player goes Primal, uses MDA as a transition tool, has lovely ancestral health blogger wife to document it all.
If this is the type of prescription doctors gave their patients in the 19th century, it’s no wonder the Victorians lived so long and so healthily.
Cats are even getting in on paleo these days.
- Not even God could say no to these bacon deviled eggs.
- Who doesn’t want to know how to make perfect carnitas?
One year ago (Apr 14 – Apr 20)
- 5 Common Nutrient Deficiencies (and What to Do About Them) – Even Primal eaters can miss some key nutrients. Here’s how to avoid making that mistake.
- Should You Chew Your Kid’s Food? – Find out if this makes sense for people who aren’t just trying to lampoon hippie parents.
Comment of the Week
“I read that APOE4 is the “ancestral” allele for the APOE genes. It is the risk factor for Alzheimer’s. I find it hard to believe that checking out mentally is in any way desirable”
I try to mentally check out at least once a day!
– Agreed. Checking out mentally for a bit, on a daily basis actually almost made the Ten Primal Laws.