Last-minute tickets for PrimalCon Oxnard 2013 (April 11-14) are now available due to some cancellations. Space is limited. Order your tickets today before spots run out!
Tickets for PrimalCon Austin 2013 are also available. Join us June 6-9 for an event you’ll never forget.
Research of the Week
Transfer of “lean” gut flora into the sterile guts of obese mice triggered rapid fat loss in a recent study.
They were far from human subjects, but fruit flies fed an organic diet enjoyed better health outcomes than fruit flies fed a non-organic diet.
Interesting Blog Posts
How one Primal kid fought back against MyPlate and came up with his own – far superior, in my opinion – version.
Seth Roberts recently explored earwax transplantations.
Logan LaPlante knows what he wants to be when he grows up: happy. What about you?
Gwyneth Paltrow may get a lot of flak for deciding not to feed her kids empty carbs, but not everyone agrees with the criticism.
“No one can fully digest gluten,” said the Mayo Clinic doc.
Our ability to truly connect with other human beings is a physiological entity that must be trained and maintained or else wither into dystrophy, like muscle. Does excessive smartphone usage trigger empathy detraining?
- Leafy greens are one thing conventional health advice gets right, and sometimes we need a reminder. Here’s a nice, simple, delicious recipe for German-style simmered spinach.
- Zucchini waffle sandwiches.
One year ago (Mar 31 – Apr 6)
- Is Eating Meat Ethical? – My entry for the infamous NY Times essay contest on ethical meat eating.
- Why Fast? Part Four – Brain Health – How skipping breakfast can impact your neurological function for the better.
Comment of the Week
This post is starting to sound like some bizarre game of foodie one-upmanship:
“The most exotic thing I’VE ever had was manatee muzzle sauteed in badger bile!”
“Oh, is that anything like camel colon smothered in snake snot?”
- For what it’s worth, camel colon is high in butyrate and snake snot is a rich source of DHA.