In case you haven’t heard, we’ve got a Dream Team shaping up for PrimalCon Austin 2013 !
- Tracy Barksdale and Matthew Lee Willis present their awesome True Nature Training  obstacle course.
- Michelle Norris (Paleo Fx Queen) and Instinct Catering  offering deluxe salad bar, quail, paleo carrot cake, mustard/mushroom roast beef, baked sweet potatoes, kale pesto shrimp, honey shredded pork BBQ, and much much more!
- Evening entertainment: Fat Burning Man Abel James  will display his renaissance talent with a one-man music extravaganza
- Evening entertainment: Paleo comedian Dan French presents his stand-up act, “The Comedians Diet “
- Learn to run with Valerie Hunt ; Learn to energize your morning with Angelo dela Cruz ; Learn to prevent and rehab injuries with Dr. Dave Cohodes ; Learn all the things you can do with a kettlebell with William Vives, and many more presenters!
- Stay cool! Enjoy urban trail hike to the one-of-a-kind Barton Springs natural swimming pool 
- Standup paddle on Town Lake!
- Wanna hang with me? Bring your Ultimate Frisbee A-game! Or we can just enjoy some extensive leisure and Q&A time.
Reserve your spot today  before it’s sold out just like PrimalCon Oxnard and PrimalCon Lake Tahoe 2013.
Professor Hamilton Stapell, PhD, who sits on the Evolutionary Studies Board at SUNY New Paltz, wants to understand the size, composition, trajectory, and commonalities of the ancestral health movement. To do it, he needs your help. Spend a few minutes to fill out his survey  if you can.
Research of the Week
Perhaps getting down to superhuman levels of leanness isn’t so healthy: a recent case study  of a natural bodybuilder showed that dropping from 14.8% to 4.5% body fat severely lowered strength, testosterone, and “mood disturbance.”
It seems our paleolithic ancestors had more diverse oral flora populations  and subsequently far healthier teeth than modern people. Now all we need is a time machine and some breath mints.
Interesting Blog Posts
Make sure the sound is on for this . Oh, and have a bib handy.
From the NY Times comes a startling piece  about the addictive junk food industry. Simply put, these guys know exactly what they’re doing. I especially liked how the daughter of the inventor of Lunchables doesn’t let her own kids eat the things.
SF Giants outfielder Hunter Pence has gone paleo. He talks about his new diet and propensity to “crush kale” in this video . Does the speaker sound a little robotic to anyone else?
The demise of play, and what it means for children (PDF ).
Are dolphins people? 
How Indian farmers are using husbandry, skill, and attention  rather than GMOs, chemicals, and industrial ingenuity to produce the best yields they’ve ever seen.
You’ve heard the rally cry to “Eat Real Food!” But is it enough to just eat real food? Read the “Eat RICH Food” manifesto .
We’re growing organs ! Seeing as how they have plastic backing, though, I eagerly await the first liver implantee who’s up on the literature to demand a BPA-free one. Then someone will uncover research about how even BPA-free plastic backings are potentially xenoestrogenic, and we’ll be back to square one.
- How to cook hearts, liver, and gizzards  in four or five different ways.
- When life gives you a big pile of massive shrimp, make Mexican lemonade prawns .
One year ago (Feb 24 – Mar 2)
- Can We Feed the World on the Primal Blueprint Diet? – Part 1  – Assuming the question is even a valid one, what would happen if we tried to do it?
- The Restorative Power of the Personal Retreat  – Why we should all get outta Dodge from time to time.
Comment of the Week
Stretch! When I get done stretching I just feel like puddy and want to go to bed. Even better if I can get someone else to stretch me!
-I want to feel like Puddy , too.