Research of the Week
Another reason to work out in nature: training outdoors in an urban (read: polluted) environment elicits fewer cognitive improvements  than training in a rural (read: fresh air-abundant) environment.
Selecting for big-brained guppies subsequently reduced gut and litter size  (yes, I know that fish don’t technically have “litters,” but you know what I mean), appearing to confirm the expensive tissue hypothesis and mirroring what happened to big-brained hominids (Duggar family notwithstanding).
Interesting Blog Posts
Dr. Emily Deans explores the difference – in your brain – between drinking fructose and drinking glucose .
Some caveman diet guy sat down  with Los Angeles Magazine to talk about mastodon ribeyes, loincloths, and Channing Tatum (or is it Tanning Chatum?).
Can chronic, low-level lead exposure explain the varying rates of crime ? Yeah, yeah, correlation does not equal causation, but an extremely plausible mechanism (lead adversely affects the brain) exists to potentially explain the astonishing levels of correlation.
Cavemen’s cave paintings were better at depicting correct quadruped ambulation  than modern artists.
As of this typing, CJ Hunt’s The Perfect Human Diet  is the sixth most rented  and ninth most purchased  movie on iTunes. It’s the number 1 documentary, too. Let’s see if we can push this baby up to number 1 overall!
- How awesome does this look : purple sweet potato stegosaurus plates and breakfast sandwich.
- Nothing better than meat on a stick. Try these Moroccan-esque lamb skewers  (with cauliflower tabbouleh) and attempt to contradict the claim.
One year ago (Jan 6 – Jan 12)
- How to Tell If You’re Inflamed: Objective and Subjective Inflammatory Markers  – Find out if you’ve got an inflammation problem.
- Dear Mark: Fat Causes Brain Damage?  – How becoming fat is bad for your brain, but not necessarily eating fat.
Comment of the Week
I had a lamb tongue stew in Belgium once. It was delicious! I called it Silence of the Lamb stew.
– That’s … that’s absolutely genius. I approve.