First off, I’d like to let you all know that anyone who pre-orders The Primal Connection before the giveaways are announced next week will still receive the bonuses (or “boni,” as Mr. Burns would say) associated with the offer. So if you’re eager to get ordering, don’t think you’ll miss out.
One more quick announcement: Tomorrow’s the last day to get two free books (The Primal Blueprint 90-Day Journal and The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation) when you order Primal Fuel at the new, lower cost, so if you’ve been wanting to try Primal Fuel there’s no better time than now.
Research of the Week
In a new study, rodents on a gluten-free diet gained less fat and overall bodyweight than rodents on an otherwise identical diet that contained gluten, despite eating the same amount of food and excreting no additional lipids.
Another interesting rodent study found that rats eating yogurt artificially sweetened with either saccharin or aspartame gained more weight than rats eating yogurt sweetened with regular sugar, despite eating the same number of calories.
Interesting Blog Posts
Are you an antsy desk jockey who’s still dissatisfied with the standing desk? Chris Kresser explains how you can walk 10,000 steps a day while working at the computer.
Paul and Shou-Ching explore the possible dietary causes of violence in humans.
Sometimes (all the time), you just need to do the thing that you’re talking/reading/arguing/looking up arcane studies about.
Tim Ferriss and Leo Babauta each take a very different approach to goals and goal-setting.
- When the kids are clamoring for chicken nuggets, these are a good alternative to breaded and deep fried pink poultry slushies.
- A nutrient-dense, breadcrumb-free meatloaf just like your grandma made for you, if Sally Fallon was your grandma.
One year ago (Dec 30 – Jan 5)
- What is Inflammation? – We talk enough about it… but what exactly is it?
- How Much Have Human Dietary Requirements Evolved in the Last 10,000 Years? – Sure, there’s been some evolution. But that doesn’t mean you’ve adapted to eating grains, corn oil, and guzzling cola.
Comment of the Week
I know I always have caveman on the brain…
My new bumper sticker: “Paleocephalus – Catch It!”
- I’m sure they’ll whip up a vaccine for that one real quick.