Research of the Week
Contrary to what science reporting typically says, a new study finds daily multivitamin use to be slightly protective against cancer in men.
It’s confirmed: meat and eggs from soy-fed chickens contain soy isoflavones. The title of the article – “Soy protein present in egg yolks and chicken tissues” – isn’t quite accurate, but soy isoflavones are often phytoestrogens and thus somewhat concerning.
Boys are reaching puberty younger than ever before, a new study shows, but “it’s unclear why.” Perhaps the phytoestrogens from soy-fed chicken products are involved?
Interesting Blog Posts
Dr. Emily Deans explores whether physically preventing someone from scowling (with Botox) can help with real depression.
The SockDoc has an interesting perspective on doping in sports… and in regular life.
On a diet of “milk, butter, and almonds,” 96-year old Ramjeet Raghav is the world’s oldest new father, will “go on all night” when asked by his wife, and thinks “it’s very important that a husband and wife have sex regularly.” I like this guy.
We “feel alone together,” despite – or, perhaps, because of – constant digital contact. What do you think?
Alternatively, you could always hire someone to slap you every time you began to frivolously check your phone or Facebook account.
Bet you’ve never done a virtual vertical hill climb challenge. Bet you don’t even know what that is. Registration is now closed for Hilloween II, but you can still challenge yourself to a hill climb. And stay tuned for Hilloween III next year.
Eleven top athletes share their favorite meals, some of which are pretty Primal-friendly.
- Pork chops deserve more attention, I think. How about some spiced pork chops with warm apples?
- Next time the Don’s daughter is getting married and you want to ask him for a favor, you should probably come prepared with Italian wedding soup.
One year ago (October 28 – November 3)
- Introducing the New Primal Blueprint Food Pyramid – In case you haven’t seen this, be sure you’re up to date with the PB pyramid.
- 30 Primal Hacks for the Fall Season – No, I’m not talking about inept spokesmen for the Primal lifestyle. I’m talking about tips, tricks, and hints for making the most of autumn.
Comment of the Week
If I had to go to all the trouble that Worker Bee goes through when drinking… I’d quit.
– Ha! Maybe that’s the point of it all, Peter.