Research of the Week
“The microbiota of Westerners is significantly reduced  in comparison to rural individuals living a similar lifestyle to our Paleolithic forefathers but also to that of other free-living primates such as the chimpanzee.”
In Denmark, a 6-year old boy achieved remission  of type 1 diabetes upon following a gluten-free diet.
Interesting Blog Posts
Huh, so it looks like  whole eggs aren’t just like smoking for your arteries!
The guys over at Caveman College put up a really nice post on the 10 Primal essentials for your dorm room .
Paleo Lifestyle Magazine  interviews pro basketball player Grant Hill, who talks about how a Paleo diet has helped him feel healthier, with greater recovery, than ever.
As if politicians weren’t hypocritical enough. And don’t worry, both sides get to be mad at the contents of this article !
When my friend John Wellbourn (of CrossFit Football fame) asked me to take a look at his new charity , I couldn’t help but donate  and join Wade’s Army. Take a look and if you’re touched and have the means, give a few bucks. Neuroblastoma is a nasty cancer that targets almost exclusively young children and babies, and we need to learn more about it to fight it.
Mice don’t just make great pets for kids. They also make great research stand-ins for cancer patients  (don’t get too attached, though).
How mobile technology is influencing our brains  by challenging their perhaps most important ability: focus.
- Sun-dried tomato meatballs , kid-approved.
- I’m feeling the beef this week. Beef bacon 50/50 braunschweiger burger sliders .
One year ago (October 7 – October 13)
- How I Would Change Gym Class  – So as to create a climbing, crawling, squatting, Primal-eating army ready and willing to do my bidding.
- A Primal Take on Body Image  – Why body image should be couched in utility, first and foremost.
Comment of the Week
I haven’t failed. I’ve identified 10,000 ways this doesn’t work. -Thomas Edison.
– A great quote within a (timely) comment. Thanks, Linda .