Research of the Week
Early usage of antibiotics appears to predispose kids to obesity  later on in life.
Does a low-carb diet simulate the beneficial effects of exercise? Michael Eades weighs in on a new study .
Interesting Blog Posts
Eating healthy, even organic stuff from Whole Foods, doesn’t have to be expensive . It just takes a little effort.
Beth over at Weight Maven has a nice roundup of AHS-related posts  and pics.
Andrew Badenoch of Evolvify talks about building an intentional paleo community . What do you think? Would you join?
Look who’s decided to start promoting the use of lard !
Should you be icing your injured tissues? First, hear what K-Starr has to say , then head over to 70’s Big for Justin Lascek’s take  on it. Oh, and be sure to seriously, seriously consider pre-ordering  the upcoming MWOD book, Becoming a Supple Leopard , for a chance to win some sweet raffle prizes.
Are you a budding “watermelon student”? I know I am. Learn how to eat a watermelon in this video tutorial  by Tom Willett.
- Here’s my blatant attempt to attract followers of Ray Peat: sour gummy stars . Reduce the honey if you’re Primal, sub orange juice and powdered aspirin if Peat-inspired.
- Gazpacho with gusto . To be honest, though, the gusto is optional.
One year ago (Aug 26 – September 1)
- The Role of Fighting in a Primal Life  – Does controlled, mutually-agreed upon violence have a role in Primal living?
- How to Eat Meat: Transitioning Away From Vegetarianism  – How’s a vegetarian supposed to do it?
Comment of the Week
I’ve been discussing the “dumbocity” of the egg study with our hens this week to reassure them that they are doing a good job. They were getting a little paranoid there for a while, but once I explained to them that their brains were bigger than the brains of the scientists, they relaxed and went back to chasing bugs.
– Decaf Debi , I’d love to try their eggs.