Research of the Week
Early usage of antibiotics appears to predispose kids to obesity later on in life.
Does a low-carb diet simulate the beneficial effects of exercise? Michael Eades weighs in on a new study.
Interesting Blog Posts
Eating healthy, even organic stuff from Whole Foods, doesn’t have to be expensive. It just takes a little effort.
Beth over at Weight Maven has a nice roundup of AHS-related posts and pics.
Andrew Badenoch of Evolvify talks about building an intentional paleo community. What do you think? Would you join?
Look who’s decided to start promoting the use of lard!
Should you be icing your injured tissues? First, hear what K-Starr has to say, then head over to 70′s Big for Justin Lascek’s take on it. Oh, and be sure to seriously, seriously consider pre-ordering the upcoming MWOD book, Becoming a Supple Leopard, for a chance to win some sweet raffle prizes.
Are you a budding “watermelon student”? I know I am. Learn how to eat a watermelon in this video tutorial by Tom Willett.
- Here’s my blatant attempt to attract followers of Ray Peat: sour gummy stars. Reduce the honey if you’re Primal, sub orange juice and powdered aspirin if Peat-inspired.
- Gazpacho with gusto. To be honest, though, the gusto is optional.
One year ago (Aug 26 – September 1)
- The Role of Fighting in a Primal Life – Does controlled, mutually-agreed upon violence have a role in Primal living?
- How to Eat Meat: Transitioning Away From Vegetarianism – How’s a vegetarian supposed to do it?
Comment of the Week
I’ve been discussing the “dumbocity” of the egg study with our hens this week to reassure them that they are doing a good job. They were getting a little paranoid there for a while, but once I explained to them that their brains were bigger than the brains of the scientists, they relaxed and went back to chasing bugs.
- Decaf Debi, I’d love to try their eggs.
Grab The Primal Blueprint Cookbook Today and Receive Free S&H and a Free Primal Blueprint Poster