Research of the Week
A Washington state MD calls out for an end to the “war on pubic hair.”
The (sometimes deadly) power of the nocebo effect, revealed. Boy, our minds really are powerful, huh?
Interesting Blog Posts
Chris Masterjohn takes apart the infamous egg-yolk study in his own special fashion.
Lindsay Starke’s impressions of the Ancestral Health Symposium made it onto Boing Boing. Go read it, and weigh in on the comment section.
With the drought ravaging corn crops across the country, some US beef ranchers are turning to an alternate food source that the cows actually love to eat. No, it’s not grass. It’s candy.
Food chemists have supposedly figured out how to replace half the fat in a chocolate bar with tiny droplets of fruit juice without sacrificing texture or mouth feel. Is there anything food chemists won’t try to ruin? CNN reports.
A low-carb, high-fat Paleo dieter just won the Western States 100, an ultramarathon through the Sierra Nevadas.
During AHS12, Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt and I sat down for a chat. Here’s the video.
The Food Lovers (of Make it Paleo fame) have just released a free iPhone and Android app. Browse recipes and generate meal plans, menus, and shopping lists, all for free. There’s really no excuse not to check it out (well, unless you have neither an iPhone nor Android phone, I guess).
- This has always been one of my favorite ways to prepare cauliflower: with whole cumin seeds.
- You’ll probably want to make like an annoying aunt and pinch these cheeks. And by “pinching,” I mean chewing and swallowing them.
One year ago (Aug 19 – August 25)
- Guest Post: Robb Wolf Answers Your Paleo Diet Questions – The one and only stopped by to answer your questions.
- Does a High-Fat Diet Cause Type-2 Diabetes? – Okay, so maybe red meat doesn’t cause it, but surely fat does… right? Let’s ask Denise Minger.
Comment of the Week
I hear Popeye knows his Olive Oil
– Hmm. There’s a filthy joke in there somewhere.