Research of the Week
A new clinical entity emerges from the depths of a double-blind placebo-controlled trial: non-celiac wheat sensitivity .
Athletes who have to cross five or more time zones to compete are two to three times more likely to get sick . You mean engaging in intensely stressful physical exertion after throwing your circadian rhythms out of whack… isn’t good for you? I bet the same thing applies to frequent travelers flying halfway across the world for intense business meetings.
Interesting Blog Posts
Since the Ancestral Health Symposium was in full swing this weekend, there wasn’t much going on in blogland. But you can always follow the #AHS12  hashtag road back on Twitter to see what highlights you were missing.
Right after writing an entire blog post  devoted to how the meat-eating ancestors of Homo sapiens beat out the vegetarian Paranthropus because of the former’s tendency toward animal-eating, a Scientific American blogger recommends that we eat like the extinct plant eaters. Huh?
The BBC covers a topic that we’re all quite familiar with – intermittent fasting – by tracking some nutjob journalist who they somehow conned into trying the outlandish regimen. Find out  if he survives the harrowing experience.
I’m not usually a fan of the whole “xx years young” thing, but this 90-year old pole vaulting world champion certainly deserves it. Check out Dr. William Bell’s attempt at breaking his own world record . And how about that grin at the end? That’s the smile from a man with very few regrets.
Area man Black and Decker’s his hamstrings , breaks deadlift PR. What do you think, guys? Gonna toss out your foam rollers and sports masseuses?
- Everyone’s all about omelets, but where’s the love for a good scramble? Here’s a new way to do it .
- Mild panang curry paste  (add heat as desired). Man, I really need to get back to Thailand.
One year ago (Aug 12 – August 18)
- Are Oats Healthy?  – Find out what to make of oats.
- Does Eating Red Meat Increase Type 2 Diabetes Risk?  – Everyone knows that the biggest cause of type 2 diabetes is bunless burgers and rare ribeyes.
Comment of the Week
My 9 year old daughter knows the word postprandial now. I say, after a big dinner… “It’s so lovely and light out.” “Yeah Mama, time for our postprandial walk.” We just mosey for a half hour.
– That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard, Joy Beer . Your writing kinda reminds me of Jack Kerouac’s.