How one awesome kid gets to school every morning. I’d say that beats the pants off taking the bus, wouldn’t you?
From Dr. Briffa, the dark side of sunscreens: how sunblock doesn’t seem to do much against melanoma (and it may even make it worse).
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Paleo, a great introduction to the world of ancestral eating and health for the uninitiated, was recently released. Go check it out.
Breastfeeding babes begets beneficial gene expression in their immune system and helps bolster their intestinal stability. In other words, breast is by far best.
Cultured Caveman, Portland’s first 100% paleo food cart, recently surpassed their designated Kickstarter funding goal. Now, Not So Fast! is trying to do the same thing in San Diego with a Primal-friendly cart serving grass-fed and -finished meat, sweet potato poutine, Primal fish tacos, and local produce. They’ve got a few weeks to go, and they need your help.
City-living appears to cause more coronary calcification than country-living, and it might be the pollution.
Next time you’re about to pop a soy product into your mouth, think back to this article and see how you feel.
- Italian beef-stuffed artichoke. The photography is about as good as the food.
- Bet you never thought of roasting grapes in olive oil. Plums in the Ice Box did.
One year ago (May 6 – May 12)
- Yerba Mate: Miracle Tea or Just Another Caffeine Kick? – My take on yerba mate.
- Farmed Seafood: What’s Safe and Nutritious – Not all farmed seafood is off-limits. Here are the ones to buy and eat.
Comment of the Week
Mark Sisson got me pregnant.
- Whoa, whoa, hey there. What’s that? Oh, okay. Carry on then.