Next time you make creamy turmeric tea, add some black pepper to the mix. The piperine in pepper enhances the bioavailability of the curcumin in turmeric.
If you’re still curious about or a little shaky on epigenetics, this nine and a half minute video is a fantastic and approachable introduction to the subject that doesn’t skimp on details. Watch it, and understand it.
Speaking of epigenetics, researchers have found another couple pathways through which broccoli might prevent cancer, and they’re both epigenetic in nature.
Neanderthals may have been the earliest seafarers, scooting around the Mediterranean in wooden crafts over 100,000 years ago, beating us by around 50,000. Either that or they put Michael Phelps to shame.
More reasons to get a little dirty from time to time.
Looks like voting with your dollar actually works!
The FDA recently added diabetes and memory loss warnings to labels on statins. It’s about time.
We’re like sharks. We need to keep moving.
Brad Kearns pictured with the staff at Shawsu Workout Studio in Los Altos, CA, site of the Primal Transformation Seminar on Feb 29. Brad will be in Sacramento on Tuesday, March 6th – just two days from now! Tickets available here: Catch an upcoming seminar in a city near you!
- Beef liver and onion meatballs: helping parents sneak liver into children’s diets for years and years. Or in the case of this specific recipe, for a little over a week.
- From NomNomPaleo, slow cooker Korean grass-fed beef short ribs.
One year ago (Feb 27 – March 4)
- 7 High-Tech Tools for Better Primal Living – Living Primal in a modern world can be tricky. Here are some tools to make it easier.
- Is Eating Too Much Protein Going to Harm My Kidneys? – Learn whether you need to worry about the effect of protein on your kidney health.
Comment of the Week
QUESTION: Even if tomorrow all scientists and doctors agreed that paleo was a “cure all,” how many people would adopt it?
ANSWER: About the same number of people who quit smoking when the scientists and doctors all agreed on tobacco starting in the 1960s.
- Dan makes a very good point.
Grab a Copy of The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation and Start Getting Primal Today!