Listen to the Chrises Kresser and Masterjohn discuss cholesterol, thyroid hormone, iodine, goitrogens, and heart disease on the Revolution Health Radio podcast, their third on the subject. Here are parts one and two.
Less trans-fat is coursing through the blood of white American adults.
A recent study found that a lack of sun exposure was linked to a higher risk of stroke.
Why you should include unilateral lower body movements in your workouts and break up all that pure unadulterated back squatting from time to time.
America is overmedicated and depressed, but – luckily – there may be a simpler, more inexpensive, far more enjoyable way out.
Fasting improves the efficacy of chemotherapy and weakens cancer (better than chemotherapy alone, which was a total failure) in mice. Studies in humans have already begun. Here’s hoping they pan out!
The scale of the universe. It’s not really health-related, but boy if it isn’t engrossing and absolutely amazing.
- Make something you’ve probably never made before: kimchi bokkeumbap.
- If you’ve got the thyme, lemon lamb meatballs from Haley and Bill really hit the spot. Yes, I just made that joke.
One year ago (Feb 6 – Feb 12)
- Total Immersion: How to Recognize and Tap Into the Power of Flow – It might sound like a kooky concept that belongs elsewhere, but flow is a real – and useful – phenomenon.
- A Primal Primer: Stevia – Learn all about stevia and whether it fits into a healthy Primal eating plan.
Comment of the Week
I use honey to scrub my behind, leaves my skin soft & smooth as a baby’s face.
- Conrack’s comment from Wednesday’s honey post made me laugh quite heartily. Even the normally taciturn Worker Bees had to chuckle.