We’ve just added another date to our Primal Blueprint Transformation Seminar series for 2012 . On Monday, April 10, my personal friend and longtime co-conspirator Brad Kearns will be in Torrance, CA, helping people change their lives for the better. Give it a look-see if you’re in the area!
Given the choice, predators choose nutrient density and variety  over caloric density when selecting prey.
When (and why) running is sometimes easier than walking .
Who killed lard? 
This is how you do the diseases of civilization right, people. First, you get rich selling cookbooks that describe how to give oneself diabetes. Next, you get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes yourself. Finally, you get yourself a multimillion dollar spokesperson deal  with the pharmaceutical company that makes your diabetes medication. (I don’t mean to make light of the sad news that Paula has diabetes, but there is some irony here, I’m sure of it.)
Why you should go outside  as often as possible.
The problems with boot-camp training  from someone who did the real thing.
Tropical Traditions has a nice ground grass-fed bison sale  going on through January 19th.
Crows never cease to amaze me. Here’s one roof-tubing  down an icy roof. If you’re like me, you’ll start out going “Oh, he didn’t even make it all the way down.” Keep watching.
While doing nothing worsens the immune system and regular exercise improves it, extreme training (like for marathons) can actually make you more susceptible to getting sick . How’s that for a happy medium?
I usually try to end WLLs with a funny piece, but how about a touching, inspirational one? A Lakota Sioux family uses ancestral, Primal eating to restore their health .
- Don’t let the seemingly-heretical name of the recipe dissuade you: Broccoli Cooked Forever .
- Health Bent brings us a cowboy breakfast skillet . No armadillos or six-shooters required.
One year ago (Jan 9 – Jan 15)
- Why Can Some People Eat Anything They Want and Never Gain a Pound?  – Well, why?
- Dairy and Its Effect on Insulin Secretion (and What it Means For Your Waistline)  – Dairy’s effects on insulin are well-documented, but what that means for weight gain or loss is confusing.
Comment of the Week
Anyone else thinking fat-rat risotto?
– This was Moshen’s  immediate reaction to the paper on a high-fat diet causing brain inflammation in mice that got obese eating it. I tend to agree.