Oh, sure, both yours truly and Robb Wolf may have been beaten out by the likes of Drs. Oz, Drew, and Phil, but we still placed higher on Greatist’s list of The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness 2011 than Dean Ornish, Michelle Obama, and the founder of Zumba. For my money, though, Billy Blanks got robbed (who else jumps rope with four fifth graders draped across his back?).
First, it was Sweden. Now, the low-carb wave currently sweeping Norway has resulted in a nationwide butter shortage. The horror.
Dom loves kefir. His site contains (in excruciating detail) everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the stuff.
Why calorie counts are probably wrong: Cooked food begets greater calorie absorption than the same food in raw form.
MovNat instructor Clifton Harski gives his two cents on female body image. And judging by the dimensions of his chest, the dude knows what he’s talking about.
My good friends the Rawbrahs are at it again – defying gravity this time. No one has more fun finding ways to be fit than these guys.
I talk a lot about the potential dangers of excessive sitting, but the studies linking sitting to poor health outcomes have mostly been observational and correlative. Until now. Conditioning Research (which recently made Outside Magazine’s top 10 fitness blogs list; congrats, Chris!) points out a new study examining a possible mechanism.
When it comes down to it, doctors with terminal illnesses usually opt out of the care that patients with similar prognoses request. Here’s why (and how such “futile care” has become standard in the general patient population).
Finally, we have incontrovertible evidence that early man was not actually sleeping on Tempurpedic mattresses.
- Coconut oil-fried plantain chips. Nice and easy and crispy.
- Paleo on Main Street shows you how to make simple breakfast sausage in bulk.
One year ago (Dec 5 – Dec 11)
- Adult Sports Leagues, and Why You Should Join One – Knock out your socializing, your exercise, your play, your mental stimulation, and your need for the sweet, sweet taste of victory over your fellow man all in one fell swoop.
- Holy Cow! – Lessons in Food Respect – Early man’s got mad respect for the cow. Here’s why.
Comment of the Week
I can’t help but think of Danny Devito as before and Arnold Schwartenegger as after from their role in Twins.
- Matthew Muller references one of the last century’s greatest cinematic masterpieces (and two of our most cherished thespians) in the comment section of Friday’s success story.