The dangers of using one lab animal  – the mouse – for the vast majority of studies, and why it’s only going to get harder to branch out to other models the longer we keep using it.
Protein wakes us up, carbs make us sleepy, a new study reveals . I wonder if freebasing branch chain amino acids would work.
There’s a gene for empathy , and we can tell who has it after just twenty seconds (even if they’re a total stranger).
Overeating often gets compared to addictive behavior. This paper  explains how it might actually be a literal addiction.
Epic Meal Time’s latest  may not exactly be SFW, SFT (Safe for Temple), or SFM (Safe for Mosque), but it’s worth watching. I’ve always thought turduckens were selling themselves short.
John Durant describes a way to persuade skeptics  that you are not, in fact, killing yourself.
A few online food science journals are free through the end of the year , if you’re into that sort of thing.
This recent article  on the “caveman diet” makes me especially happy for two reasons: they quote yours truly, and they never mention “lean meat,” not even once.
Progresso: Progressing blood BPA levels by 1200%  since 1905!
- This sweet potato hashbrown casserole  doesn’t have to be eaten for Thanksgiving, necessarily.
- When Primal snacks attack .
One year ago (Nov 22 – Nov 28)
- Food Hack: How to Get More Vitamins from Your Produce  – Manipulate the elements to trick your spinach into becoming more nutritious.
- How Being Thankful Can Make You Healthy  – Just because Thanksgiving has come and gone doesn’t mean you can’t be thankful for something. Here’s how it helps.
Comment of the Week
Really? I think the runner’s arch-nemesis is plantar fasciitis.
– Reader, commenter Li drops a nice line  in Monday’s post on shin splints, green drinks, and omega-6:omega-3 ratios. I probably should have thought of that one myself.