“The fact is, unless you’re buying from a beekeeper, you’re at risk.” Most honey isn’t actually honey, a new test of commercial honey  (or should that be “honey”?) has revealed.
Tweeting from the annual meeting of the American Anthropological Association, anthropologist John Hawks notes  that “Great apes have no reduction of bone mineral density with aging in vertebral column.” I wonder if we’re actually destined to wither away after all.
A Colorado charter school has gone vegetarian . Parents, don’t trip over yourselves trying to submit your child’s application.
Last year, I linked  to a Big Blue Test workout done by MDA reader Ryan to commemorate World Diabetes Day and show the power of exercise over blood sugar control. He’s back at it again. Go check it out .
From Julianne’s Paleo and Zone Nutrition Blog comes a handy (and let’s face it, rather dandy) guide to the omega-6 fatty acid content  of various nuts, meats, fish, fats, and oils. It’s probably the best go-to resource on the subject I’ve seen.
Paleolithic cave paintings , with some informed speculation about the artists who painted them. I particularly like the first one of all the hand prints. Haunting.
Eurozone bans airport X-ray scanners  (the same ones used in US airports) amid cancer concerns. So much for “totally harmless and safe,” eh?
Gobble. Gobble. Use promo code “turkeyday” at Primal Pacs  this weekend and get free shipping.
For those of you having trouble making my “eating more vegetables” tips work, just eat some pizza  and call it a day.
- Thanksgiving stuffing hushpuppies .
- The Whole9 team wishes you a Happy Whole9 Thanksgiving , complete with recipes.
One year ago (Nov 15 – Nov 21)
- When Grok Lives with Korg, Or How to Cope With an Unsupportive Partner  – It’s pretty self-explanatory.
- A Visual Guide to Yams and Sweet Potatoes (plus How They Fit Into a Primal Eating Plan)  – Just in time for Thanksgiving, this should help you decide which type of tuber to serve.
Comment of the Week
I’m not a vegetarian because I love animals. I’m a vegetarian because I hate plants.
– The initial reaction of reader Dr. Biscuits to this week’s post on how to eat more vegetables . I like it.