Boosting one’s HDL and lowering one’s triglycerides through chemical artifice has, once again, resulted in a slightly increased risk of stroke and no reduction in the risk of general heart disease. When will they ever learn?
An as-of-late perpetually-displaced tribe of Guarani Indians has retaken part of their ancestral lands in Brazil. Previous attempts resulted in violent evictions, so let’s hope this time it sticks.
Effective billboard placement strategy or unintentional, black irony? You decide.
Did you hear? The USDA finally gave us permission to eat pork that hasn’t been burnt to a crisp. Medium (slightly pink) is now in. Thanks, USDA! You’re the best! We’d be lost without you!
Puppies famously grow up way too fast, but thankfully not quite this quickly.
No longer Mad Magazine’s upstart little cousin, Cracked.com divulges the five biggest downsides to being intelligent.
Facebook head Mark Zuckerberg has vowed to only eat animals killed by his own hand. Good move. Next, he’ll pledge to only obtain private data of users he personally friends.
- Tandoori chicken burgers from Stuff I Make My Husband look like a great way to use up that boring ground poultry taking up space.
- Purely Primal brings you balsamic sirloin tip roasts. Just look at that wet rub.
One year ago (May 23 – May 29)
- Joint Mobility: Reader Question Roundup – You asked about joint mobility and I answered.
- Smart Spice: Turmeric – Why you should incorporate turmeric into your diet.
Comment of the Week
“But what about our precious bodily fluids? Fluoridation is a commie plot!”
- Commenter Shannon, from “Dear Mark: Is Fluoride Safe?”