If you’re near Kansas City, Kansas, next weekend, we’ve still got open spots for my upcoming PAST session . I’ll be there and would love to meet you!
“Is Sugar Toxic?” Gary Taubes wonders in the NY Times . The question isn’t totally rhetorical, and it’s a great read.
In another Times piece, another author wonders  if sitting is a lethal activity. Again, great that it’s appearing on this scale, but totally unsurprising to our readers.
The NY Times really isn’t fooling around. They asked “What’s the Single Best Exercise?”  and came back with a varied response: walking, the squat and HIIT. Applause is in order, I think.
Chef Rachel gave an extensive rundown of her experience at PrimalCon on her blog . She’s hoping to be back next year, and we hope to have her (contingent upon that cashew dip coming too, of course).
Primal Toad is running a great deal  on his new Primal Smoothie Recipe e-Book. Blending enthusiasts may want to take notice.
The folks over at Perfect Health Diet have been running a great series on HDL. Their latest  is on the importance of raising it smartly in a way conducive to good health, rather than blindly without regard for anything but the number.
- Lamb doesn’t get nearly enough love. In swoops Primal Palate to rectify the situation , along with beets (another underrated food) and spinach.
- The black sheep of chowders, Manhattan clam , looks pretty darn delicious after Cheeseslave’s treatment.
One year ago (April 18 – April 24)
- Primal Play: Dance  – Dance like an australopithecine.
- The 80/20 Principle: When 20 Inches Toward 40  – Another look at the ever-popular 80/20 principle, and how it might get out of hand.
Comment of the Week
“Urban Dictionary Word of the Day for April 6 – net lag
A feeling like jetlag that happens after you use your computer after sunset and the bright backlight tricks your body into thinking it’s still daytime.”
– Reader Allison, via email.