How do you make a monkey fat? Feed him carbs! How do you make a monkey healthy? Let him eat Primal! That’s a mild oversimplification, but the full NYT story of the life and times of obese monkeys is definitely worth a read.
And the fun doesn’t stop with monkeys. Gorillas need real food too. Hunter-Gatherer follows the natural recovery of Bebac and Mokolo.
Want a healthier city? Design a healthier city. Fast Code Design discusses the task of designing a cityscape that is fun to walk.
Bug cuisine is all the buzz right now, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Look out, Segway, the unicycles are coming to shut you down.
Apparently choreographed spinning is all the rage in Korea. Movie franchise opportunity… Step Up 4: Korean Spin Off. I’d watch it.
And finally, a meat knit.
- For fans of both fish and papercraft, Health-Bent has a step-by-step instructional on making parchment salmon pouches.
- Nobody will ever outdo the Wilderness Childe on food selection. Here’s her three part series on cooking a pig’s head (part 1, part 2, part 3).
- Melissa “Melicious” Joulwan, the rollergirl who created the classic zombie attack preparedness workout, whips up a smart and sassy Southwestern cumin-lime dressing.
- And one more bonus recipe this week: Try Everyday Paleo‘s pork loin and butternut squash stew.
Two years ago (February 20 – 26)
- How to Develop Good Habits – As Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
- Endorphin Mainline – A classic set of bodyweight exercises that will make you cry.
Comment of the Week
An email from a reader…
We’ve been following your site ever since we got turned on to the Paleo Diet about a year and a half ago, and recommend Paleo/PB to our patients as chiropractors. We even sold copies of your book in our office for our patients and their families.
We have a 3 1/2 month old beautiful baby boy, Tyson. Not on solids yet, but when he is, it’s be Primal all the way! We thought he should start doing some research and understanding this way of eating early – see attached pictures – enjoy!