You may have heard about the incoming report that high levels of vitamin D supplementation is unnecessary . I’d suggest reading Heart Scan Blog‘s version of what the Institute of Medicine should have said . And for those of you who still think D is a good idea, check out this handy infographic on vitamin D .
GrinchHabits? No, Leo Babauta’s blog is called Zen Habits, but he displays all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile with his post, The Case Against Buying Christmas Presents . What say you, readers?
Is world health steamrolling toward a calories-per-dollar bottom line? Free the Animal asks the question, “For Paleo to go mainstream, must it be price competitive? ”
TED (now in Chicago) has another great video this week featuring Jason Fried on why work doesn’t happen at work .
Quail is Primal. But how about quail for an entire month? Here’s an interesting find from Snopes about the impossible-to-win 30-days-of-quail bet .
EasyTone shoes are one thing, but EasyTone flip flops, pants, and sports bras ? Reebok is trying to turn you into a human rubber band!
And finally, sacrilicious ?
- Have a chorizo burger , courtesy of Health-Bent.
- Should you eat cake on your birthday? The Food Lover’s Primal Palate thinks so. Though, I have to make air quotes when I call this dark chocolate cake recipe  “Primal” as it it does call for an entire cup of maple syrup.
One year ago (November 28 – December 4)
- Marlboro to Introduce “Smoke Rite” 6 Cig Health Packs  – Marlboro has finally created a healthy cigarette and MDA has the scoop with a thoroughly serious and entirely legitimate in-depth look at the new healthy cancer sticks.
- In Vitro Meat  – What’s so wrong with test tube bacon? The pros and cons of growing meat in a lab.
Comment of the Week
My dog Wesley is the opposite of a morning dog–the only thing that gets him up is the smell of bacon. But forget that evening walk, and he will stare a hole in my head. He’s totally committed to primal eating, but no fan of broccolini.
– Louise D from How to Use the Buddy Effect to Achieve Your Health Goals