Update on the 30 Day Primal Challenge: The kickoff will officially be September 7, the day after Labor Day. This should give you a little time for some last minute weekend indulgences plus a chance to spread the word to relatives at the Labor Day barbecue. More info to come next week, but here’s a little teaser… I’m giving away a cow, courtesy of US Wellness.
Tawfunguy from the forum is counting down to the day he’ll be loin cloth ready. And he’s vlogging about it on YouTube.
The NY Times had a great article on palliative care this week. Don’t know what palliative care is? You’re not alone.
Shawn Gorrell is doing well. He’s 55 down in the ATL.
He remaps farming zones just by existing. He makes the lonely hearts club look like a block party. Chameleons weep with rage at the mere mentioning of his name. He is… <thunderclap>… the most isolated man in the world.
Also from Slate, squatting happens. Or at least it should.
- Elena’s Pantry recently featured some crackers you might be familiar with. But the real gem of her post is the comment section, a veritable Primal feast of previous Primal recipes from her blog.
- Health Habits is creating a Paleo Cookbook eBook using recipes from over 40 Primal Bloggers. Check out some of the goodies on his cookbook preview post.
- Jelly, jelly, jelly, jelly. Hunt. Gather. Love. makes jelly. Slurp it.
Two years ago (August 22 – 28)
- Pregorexia: Fetus, We’re Hungry – Growing more common due to airbrushed photos of ultra-thin post-pregnancy celebrity bodies, the trend of eating too little during pregnancy can be unhealthy for child and mother.
- Top 10 Craziest Diet Fads – Cayenne and lemonade, chewing 32 times before swallowing, the beer diet… yep, people can be crazy.
Comment of the Week
Next post will be about squirrel, no?
– Boris B. from Learning From Moose