Fast foods and statins, together at last. What won’t they think of next?
It’s funny because it’s sad. Or maybe it’s funny because it’s scary. Either way, I laughed out loud when I found out about little televisions being installed in grocery stores right next to foods to be advertised. Does anyone get the creepy feeling we’ll see a day where instead of snapping, crackling, and popping, Rice Krispies will actually shout, “Buy more!” in the mouths of pre-diabetic children at breakfast tables across America?
We have the technology. We have the capability to build a bionic steak. Better, faster, stronger. Seriously though, this science of cooking video is really wild. It’s long, but if you make it through, feel free to discuss whether the techniques could be used for good, for evil, or both. (thanks, Lucas!)
For all the Primal chefs out there (both newbies and artisans), Cheeseslave is hosting a 13 week online cooking course that will have you grilling, braising, and shucking like a pro.
A barefoot marathon? John Durant rounds up the media on Chris McDougal’s organized 8 mile barefoot run through NYC.
And finally, I’m a fan of meat, but I just don’t know…
- The cake is a lie! This Portal Meatcake isn’t quite Primal, but with a few key adjustments it will make the perfect reward for any test subject.
- Make your own bacon? Sort of. Read how to fake make bacon at Food Wishes.
- Pay Now Live Later puts nuts with his coconuts. Watch his energy bar video.
Two years ago (August 8 – 14)
- Shake Your Gym Addiction. The Outside World is Waiting For You – This was a guest post from Fitness BlackBook blogger Rusty Moore. Read his personal story and advice on learning to let loose and enjoy the pursuit of fitness.
- 10 Unnecessary, Worthless or Dangerous Exercises – StairMasters, ab crunchers and other exercise failures. Sure, twisting with a broom handle sounds like a good way to stretch, but remember: The road to injury is paved with good intentions.
Comment of the Week
I always envision a toddler in a diaper squatting down to pick a Cheerio up off the ground – they have the most natural squat that makes sense to me. I then employ the same simple movement, although I don’t tend to pick up and eat food from the floor.
-Beth from How-To: Proper Squat Technique
Get Free Health Tips, Recipes and Workouts Delivered to Your Inbox