You may have heard me say that a session at the gym isn’t going to undo a day of sitting at work, sitting in a car, and sitting in front of a TV. Seems like the NY Times is finally saying so too; read their piece on the men who stare at screens.
Humans should live Primal, and so should dogs! Healthcare Epistemocrat interviews author Steve Brown on his book Unlocking the Canine Ancestral Diet.
Want to know what a good gym looks like? Strengthbox gets it right.
Wait a minute, is CBS News telling me pharmaceutical companies will attempt to cover up research showing the potential risks of their drugs? Preposterous! In case you missed it, Avandia gets to stay on the market despite the scandal.
For your mouth: The periodic table of meats.
And finally, the Turkey Hooker.
- This one is just fun… CheeseSlave teaches you how to cook a pig’s head.
- For the non-cooks out there looking to dabble their feet in a Primal kitchen, Cosmopolitan Primal Girl‘s basil-caper salmon recipe is super-easy and super-tasty.
- Peanut Butter Fingers makes pancakes using butternut squash and whey.
One year ago (July 11 – 17)
- Strength Training for Women: Not So Different After All – Turns out lifting heavy things can leave you toned rather than bulky.
- A Quick Guide to Edible Seeds – Pumpkin, squash, sesame, sunflower, chia, flax, and hemp. I cover them all.
Comment of the Week
Ugh, I just had this horrible vision of narrowly missing a deer with my car, only to strike a guy wearing a loin cloth and VFFs. – Paul C from Persistence Hunting in the Park