Worker Bees’ Daily Bites:
The latest in health news, plus some very odd new products.
Life Causes Breast Cancer
Great. Just being alive and kicking  puts you at risk for breast cancer death (particularly if you are a woman in your forties). We are including this news because there is a silver lining to the polluted cloud we ingest and refer to as air. Here are tips to minimize the potential physical damage from air (and building) contaminants:
– Live as far as possible from freeways and major roads (even 100 feet is great).
– Live in either a really old building or a fairly new one.
– Don’t smoke.
– Eat at least 6 servings of vegetables daily, especially greens and colorful veggies.
– Exercise 3 times a week.
– Plant some trees in your yard if possible; and keep some plants in your pad.
– Consider an antioxidant supplement.
– If possible, shorten your commute so you aren’t sitting in car exhaust cocktails every day.
Introducing the Treadmill Desk
Finally, life is complete! The newest exercise machine  features a built-in computer desk. That’s right: multi-tasking is no longer sufficient; it’s all about omnipo-tasking. (We’re holding out for the Blackberry that you can graft to your head with a glittery adhesive strip. Preferably strawberry-scented and available in your choice of five juicy colors.)
Do Not Tell the Fuming Fuji About This One!
Another amazing product  to undermine the health of the little seedlings: now milk comes with “sipahh straws” that are artificially pre-sweetened thanks to a lovely candy coating. Have any of you heard about this? They’re being used in McDonald’s Happy Meals. This way, kids will drink their milk!
Web it out: