- Mark's Daily Apple - http://www.marksdailyapple.com -
3 Superfoods to Eat Right Now
Posted By Worker Bee On November 13, 2006 @ 1:45 pm In Diet,Health,Nutrition,Smart Fuel,Worker Bees' Weekly Bites | 4 Comments
You’re still here? Go eat these foods!
Okay, we cringe a little bit at the word “superfood”. No food wears a cape. Still, there are foods that pack major nutritional punch.
A few of our top picks:
1. Berries, because…
- Blueberries are best, but blackberries, raspberries, cranberries, strawberries and bilberries are all excellent
- They contain antioxidants called anthocyanins
- They fight infections (especially urinary tract infections)
- How much: 1/2 cup whenever you like
2. Fish, because…
- Choose deep-’n-cold-water fish like salmon and red tuna
- Northern Pacific is better than Atlantic (less pollution)
- You can’t get enough Omega-3 fatty acids
- How much: twice a week, or more, plus an Omega supplement
- Remember: Don’t fry or bread it!
3. Dark, Leafy Greens, because…
- Pick spinach, kale, bok choy, chard, dark lettuce
- Greens contain beta-carotene, C, folate, iron, magnesium, carotenoids, phytochemicals, and antioxidants.
- Greens reduce your risk of diabetes because they’re easy on your insulin response mechanism. In other words, they won’t give you a sugar rush, jelly belly, or mood swing.
Look for more heroic foods soon. No spandex tights – we promise.
Technorati Tags: greens , spinach , kale , bok choy , chard , vitamins , antioxidants , phytochemicals , nutrients , magnesium , iron , folate , beta-carotene , omega-3′s , fish , salmon , red tuna , berries , anthocyanins , superfoods 
Article printed from Mark's Daily Apple: http://www.marksdailyapple.com
URL to article: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/superfoods-to-eat-right-now/
URLs in this post:
 Start Here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_start_here
 Primal Blueprint 101: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_pb_101
 free weekly newsletter: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/subscribe-to-blog/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_newsletter
 books: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Books-and-Media/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_books
 support options: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Services/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_services
 supplements: http://primalblueprint.com/categories/Store/Supplements/?utm_source=mda_wwsgd&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mda_wwsgd_supplements
 greens: http://technorati.com/tag/greens
 spinach: http://technorati.com/tag/spinach
 kale: http://technorati.com/tag/kale
 bok choy: http://technorati.com/tag/bok+choy
 chard: http://technorati.com/tag/chard
 vitamins: http://technorati.com/tag/vitamins
 antioxidants: http://technorati.com/tag/antioxidants
 phytochemicals: http://technorati.com/tag/phytochemicals
 nutrients: http://technorati.com/tag/nutrients
 magnesium: http://technorati.com/tag/magnesium
 iron: http://technorati.com/tag/iron
 folate: http://technorati.com/tag/folate
 beta-carotene: http://technorati.com/tag/beta-carotene
 omega-3′s: http://technorati.com/tag/omega-3%26%238242%3Bs
 fish: http://technorati.com/tag/fish
 salmon: http://technorati.com/tag/salmon
 red tuna: http://technorati.com/tag/red+tuna
 berries: http://technorati.com/tag/berries
 anthocyanins: http://technorati.com/tag/anthocyanins
 superfoods : http://technorati.com/tag/superfoods
Copyright © 2009 Mark's Daily Apple. All rights reserved.