Let me introduce myself. My name is Mark Sisson. I’m 63 years young. I live and work in Malibu, California. In a past life I was a professional marathoner and triathlete. Now my life goal is to help 100 million people get healthy. I started this blog in 2006 to empower people to take full responsibility for their own health and enjoyment of life by investigating, discussing, and critically rethinking everything we’ve assumed to be true about health and wellness...Tell Me More
Here’s an excellent interview with Dr. South Beach Diet about the need to prevent heart problems instead of digging around in people’s arteries like they’re rusty pipes. The invasive world of stents and scrapes is expensive, dangerous, and just unnecessary.
You can prevent heart problems with some easy lifestyle choices:
– Eat vegetables at every meal.
– Go easy on anything starchy, pale, processed or sweet (or better yet, avoid altogether).
– Get cardiovascular exercise at least 90 minutes a week:
jog, walk, swim, run or play a sport
– Don’t smoke.
– Drink in moderation.
– Minimize physical and emotional stress.
– Watch the sodium!
– Cut out fast food and junk food completely.