Here’s an excellent interview with Dr. South Beach Diet about the need to prevent heart problems instead of digging around in people’s arteries like they’re rusty pipes. The invasive world of stents and scrapes is expensive, dangerous, and just unnecessary.
You can prevent heart problems with some easy lifestyle choices:
– Eat vegetables at every meal.
– Go easy on anything starchy, pale, processed or sweet (or better yet, avoid altogether).
– Get cardiovascular exercise at least 90 minutes a week:
jog, walk, swim, run or play a sport
– Don’t smoke.
– Drink in moderation.
– Minimize physical and emotional stress.
– Watch the sodium!
– Cut out fast food and junk food completely.