Worker Bees’ Daily Bites:
News for the men, news for the women, news for the kidlets…
1) First there was cellulite cream…now this?
This week in quackery: was it the metrosexual trend that got men worrying about things like body wash and, now, testosterone cream? We’re not complaining about the body wash, but who needs one more unhealthy, questionable miracle cure on the market?
Testosterone does diminish with age. But supplementing with hormones is a dicey proposition that we don’t recommend unless there’s a medical need. A better way to keep those hormones pumping naturally (make that several ways):
- Pump some iron, guys!
- For goodness’ sakes, go to bed before midnight once in a while.
- Easy on the beer.
- Overcome vegetable aversion. It’s not like they meow.
- Express yourself. You don’t have to start writing poetry, but find ways to let those feelings out once in a while. Sports count.
- Stick to healthy friendships and relationships as much as humanly possible. It’s good to be responsible and reliable, but don’t overlook the damage that too much stress can do to your body’s regulatory functions. We all age (well, except that guy in sales who thinks he does a great Austin Powers imitation). But stress has a big impact on how you age. Cutting back on stress does a lot more for your mojo than any Rx.
Women, especially young women, are avoiding their annual female exam like the plague. Hey, no one loves it. But five minutes now means prevention of potentially fatal STDs and cancer. Yeah, it’s annoying. And?
To learn about the new vaccine for cervical cancer, check this out. Your insurance should cover it, and if not, it’s pretty inexpensive.
Just leave a note for the kids first. Or not.
Web it out:
For the girls (but we know you’re looking, boys):
The reason for this clickativity: remember that it doesn’t really take a lot of calories to fuel your body, so choose them wisely. A little food goes a long way. Choose the foods that pack the most nutrition. Which definitely does not include a Hershey’s Kiss. Check out the category “Healthy Tastes Great!” at right for simultaneously delicious and nutritious foods.
At any rate, this is cool health news. Remember that good health is a holistic, comprehensive endeavor. Concentrate on improving quality of life at home, at work, and at the dinner table, and you’ll feel great!
This is going to be all over the news in about 20 minutes. That’s because
drug merchants (ahem) some people might not want this important news about antidepressants to get out. Though depression varies in magnitude and therefore treatment needs vary, there are many natural, safe ways to help improve brain function, mood, emotional health and overall wellbeing. Tomorrow’s Tuesday 10 will help get you started. Until then – stay healthy!