- Mark's Daily Apple - http://www.marksdailyapple.com -
Cholesterol Scam Alert! Red Yeast Rice
Posted By Worker Bee On August 10, 2007 @ 12:13 pm In Health,Hype | 21 Comments
Don’t fall for the latest snake oil tearing round the web: Red Yeast Rice 
Red Yeast Rice does not lower cholesterol ! The FDA has found that several red yeast rice suppliers have been spiking their supplements with off-market statins.
You’re much better off raising your good cholesterol (HDL) and lowering your bad cholesterol (LDL) with the following four steps:
1. Exercise at least three days a week for 30 minutes each time! Walk, hike, or lift weights.
2. Eat copious amounts of vegetables (at least 6 servings daily).
3. Consume Omega-3 fatty acids with reckless abandon (fish oil pills, oily cold-water fish like wild Alaskan salmon, olive oil, grassfed beef, “un-margarines” like Smart Butter, avocados, and nuts).
4. Reduce your total carbohydrate intake and eliminate all refined starches, flours, and sugars. This will reduce both inflammation and LDL (plus you’ll lose weight and feel better).
Article printed from Mark's Daily Apple: http://www.marksdailyapple.com
URL to article: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/red-yeast-rice-scam/
URLs in this post:
 free weekly newsletter: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/feeds/?utm_source=wwsgd&utm_medium=intro_note&utm_campaign=newsletter
 Primal Blueprint 101: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
 Red Yeast Rice: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01678.html
 cholesterol: http://www.answers.com/topic/red-yeast-rice
 Mark’s Daily Apple feeds: http://www.marksdailyapple.com../../feeds/
Copyright © 2009 Mark's Daily Apple. All rights reserved.