I couldn’t be more pleased to announce Primal Blueprint Publishing’s newest release, the highly anticipated Paleo Girl by Leslie Klenke. This groundbreaking book targets an often overlooked demographic when it comes to the world of health and wellness—teenagers! Primal/paleo lifestyle books target adults and thereby miss a potential connection with the teen reader. Paleo Girl is written in a hip, conversational style that reveals Leslie’s deep empathy and understanding for the teen years. After all, she only recently left that stage herself.
This book is a must have for any Primal book collection, and an excellent gift idea for any teen in your life. Consider it a great summer read to get your daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin, or friend on track for an excellent school year in August. And when you order a copy today you’ll get a bunch of free bonus gifts. But more on that in a moment…
I met Leslie just over a year ago at PrimalCon Oxnard when she volunteered to help prepare for the event with her close friend and our Community Outreach Manager Elizabeth Mostaedi. (Which come to think of it, it’s a neat coincidence considering Leslie will be presenting at this year’s Oxnard event!) In our first casual interaction, I came to discover her amazing array of writing, designing and marketing talents, and her passion for Primal living. She let it slip that she had a dream of writing/illustrating a children’s book and one day a manuscript for teens to promote health and empowerment in the spirit of the Primal Blueprint principles. I offered her some words of encouragement and we each went about our day.
Not too long after PrimalCon, Leslie emailed me a fun pitch for a children’s book. I could sense a lot of magic in her story, and asked her to meet me at our offices in Malibu to further discuss the project. From there, the conversation shifted, and our focus turned to her concept for Paleo Girl (or The Primal Teen, as the book was initially referred to). I knew she was onto something special, and the passion she had for this project when she spoke of it was undeniable. The following day, Leslie sent me a new pitch, and that’s the day Paleo Girl was born.
Fast-forward a year later, and I’ve got this outstandingly written, beautifully designed, information dense book in my hands. I never once doubted Leslie’s conviction for this endeavor and am thrilled to share it with you all today. As no surprise to me, Paleo Girl is already seeing rave reviews from VIPs that received early release copies.
Not only is Paleo Girl speaking to the teen audience it was intended for—it’s also quickly becoming a huge hit with parents. Countless friends and colleagues have said that Paleo Girl is an excellent parenting tool, and I couldn’t agree more. While mothers can likely remember what it was like to be a teenaged girl, this is an experience fathers clearly lack. One father in particular told me that he had been having a hard time relating to his budding teen daughter, but that this book has served as a bit of an insider’s view into his daughter’s life. How powerful is that?
Here’s what you can expect to learn from Paleo Girl:
- How a Primal lifestyle can make puberty a simple transition.
- Teen puberty must-haves.
- How to adapt to a paleo lifestyle in the face of obstacles: a family that doesn’t support your decision, financial obligations, opposing ethnic or religious backgrounds.
- How to deal with the tough issues: bullies, peer pressure, self-esteem, and eating disorders.
- Teen success stories from girls just like you.
- Leslie’s personal success story.
- How to motivate yourself and those around you.
- What it means to consume a Primal Blueprint/paleo diet.
- Why fats, carbs, and protein matter.
- The lowdown on omegas.
- What organic is and a breakdown of non-conventional food categories.
- An approach to Primal fitness: move everyday, lift heavy things, and sprint once in a while.
- A step-by-step guide to stretching and fitness essentials.
- Why high heels are bad for you.
- The importance that sun, sleep, and play have in your life.
- Journal pages to track your very own progress.
- Delicious teen-friendly Primal recipes and healthy DIY beauty products.
Read an excerpt of Paleo Girl
Speaking of recipes, Leslie convinced me (okay, it didn’t take that much convincing) to try one of her favorite recipes from the book called “Better Than Oatmeal,” and I’ve got to say—I could have gone back for seconds! It was simple to make and perfect for teens that might be new to the kitchen. She wanted me to share it with all of you today.
Better Than Oatmeal
Makes: 1 bowl – Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla
- Butter (for cooking and topping)
- 1-2 tbsp crushed pecans
- Optional: fruit, heavy cream, additional pecans
- Add banana, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and pecans to a medium bowl and mash together; the batter will be a little lumpy.
- Grease skillet with butter and turn on stove to medium heat.
- Add the entire mixture to the skillet.
- As the mixture cooks, continue to stir and mash.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Top with butter or optional ingredients.
But wait! There’s more!
Paleo Girl Special Bonus Offer
As usual, I want to do something special for devoted Mark’s Daily Apple readers on this book release day. I’m offering some fantastic free gifts for this urgent promotion that expires on Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:59 pm PDT.
Buy a copy of Paleo Girl from ANY retail location (PrimalBlueprint.com, Amazon.com, Audible.com, BarnesandNoble.com, etc.) and in any format (physical book, Audiobook, Kindle) and get:
1. Free eBook: Paleo Girl IRL
Paleo Girl IRL—AKA Paleo Girl “In Real Life” is an all access guide into the real life of teen girls who would seriously make Grokette proud! Leslie Klenke, author of Paleo Girl, offers up this new monthly eBook as free supplemental information for girls who crave more tips, tricks, news, advice, and chitchat within the paleo community. In the eBook’s debut Issue 01, Leslie introduces you to four kick-butt high school and college students: Alex, Casey, Jasmin, and Jenna. Alex gets the party started by explaining all the details she wishes she would have known before going paleo. Some seriously killer info there! Then Casey, Jasmin, and Jenna round the eBook out with cool tips like working out during study breaks and carrying raw nuts in your bag so you’re never stuck without a healthy snack. Lastly, Leslie comes back in with an out of this world recipe for a Chewy Mug Brownie that you can whip up in less than three minutes. Bam!
2. A $10 Gift Certificate to PrimalBlueprint.com
Spend it like cash and order whatever you want. Perhaps a cookbook to go with Paleo Girl? Or how about a nifty Grokette tank top, or a Primal hoodie, beanie, or apron. Or maybe this is the perfect opportunity to try a Primal Essentials Kit, Primal Fuel or Master Formula on for size! (This gift certificate expires on 07/31/14.)
3. MP3 download of music track “Stay” off Nesta’s latest album Levitate
Primal Blueprint health and wellness coach Vanessa Lambert (aka Nesta!) is also a talented singer/songwriter. Last year she released Levitate, an electronic dance album that’s full of energy and hooky lyrics. Try not to get up and dance when listening to track Stay. It’s nigh impossible. Grab a copy of Paleo Girl, and you’ll get a free MP3 download of the track.
And, if you purchase from PrimalBlueprint.com, you’ll also get:
4. Grokette sticker
Each book order from PrimalBlueprint.com will come with a free “Grokette” sticker. It’s 4″x4″, has a glossy finish and permanent adhesive (i.e. not the plastic variety that peels off your car window easily). Slap it on a textbook, your laptop or any other flat surface to show off your Primal spirit.
5. A signed copy of the book
Available for the first 1000 orders, author Leslie Klenke will pen her John Hancock in your book. Additionally, if you would like the book to be personally addressed to you or a gift recipient, simply type the name you want it addressed to in the “Comments or Instructions” box during checkout and Leslie will personalize the signing for you.
How to Claim Your Free Gifts
If you purchase Paleo Girl from any retail location other than PrimalBlueprint.com, submit your receipt by filling out this form and you will be emailed access to the free eBook and the free track from Nesta!, and your $10 gift certificate code.
If you purchase Paleo Girl from PrimalBlueprint.com you don’t have to do anything. You’ll automatically be emailed access to the free eBook and the free track from Nesta!, and your gift certificate code to PrimalBlueprint.com. Additionally, your book will be delivered signed by author Leslie Klenke and with a Grokette sticker. No receipt submissions or filling out forms required.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your copy of Paleo Girl and take advantage of this special offer today!
Thanks in advance to everyone that orders a copy and participates. Grok on!
- This special bonus offer ends at 11:59 pm, June 13, 2014 (PST).
- All receipts must be received by 11:59 pm, June 20, 2014 (PST). The form will stop working on June 21, so be sure to fill out the form and submit your pre-June 14 receipt(s) by then.
- You will receive an email within 24 hours of submitting your receipt that will provide you with your free bonus items. If you never receive an email, contact us here for assistance.
- On an iPhone? You won’t be able to upload your receipt from it, unfortunately. You’ll have to use a computer.
- Book orders placed on PrimalBlueprint.com during this promo period will ship as late as Monday, June 16, in order to accommodate the signing of 1000 books.
- The PrimalBlueprint.com coupon expires on July 31, 2014, and is valid for a single use.
- Only one gift certificate per person. In other words, whether you buy 1 copy or 10 copies, you will receive a single gift certificate. However, all books ordered from PrimalBlueprint.com will be signed and come with a Grokette sticker.
- Pre-orders will be honored for all bonus offers.
- Both orders placed online and in brick and mortar retail locations will be honored.
- Both domestic (U.S.) and international orders are eligible for the bonuses.
- All book formats are eligible, including physical books, digital versions (e.g. Kindle), and audiobooks.