Update: The 90-Day Journal is still available at PrimalBlueprint.com  , but the special limited-time offer detailed below has come to end.
The Primal Blueprint 90-Day Journal – A Personal Experiment is here, and it goes above and beyond anything you have ever seen in the health and fitness logbook/journal/diary category. Honestly, the project has been in R&D for no less than 30 years, dating back to my days as a competitive endurance athlete when I faithfully logged my workouts in the popular training logs du jour. Even then, I was never terribly impressed with the products on the store shelves. They were (and still are) either too open-ended with no guidance whatsoever, or too limiting, with logbook blanks that didn’t apply to my personal experiences. I thought, perhaps there was a way to marry the best of both worlds: to provide guidance and structure for assorted ability and experience levels, while allowing for sufficient flexibility and free-form expression. This is how the idea for The Primal Blueprint 90-Day Journal  was born.
N=1 (an experiment of one) is the central theme of this new book. The Primal Blueprint philosophy gives you the structure you need, and the rest is up to you. Plug in lifestyle variables based on your personal preferences and specific goals to determine what makes you tick. The 90-Day Journal allows you to record all types of personal data, such as food and meal choices, workout particulars, sleep and lifestyle patterns, and personal issues that affect your daily rhythm and peak performance.
For example, let’s say you want to observe how average grams of daily carb intake affects your body fat percentage. Or how introducing intense sprint workouts affects your aerobic performance. Or how minimizing artificial light after dark affects your sleep patterns and morning energy levels. You design the experiments, list the variables, conduct detailed progress reports every 30 days, and finish with a masterpiece of scientific data – a personal owner’s manual – when the final page is complete after 90 days.
The n=1 format is an ode to the Mark’s Daily Apple community, and the remarkable back-and-forth dialog each day in the comments following the posts. I’m a busy guy these days, but I really do read all the comments and the valuable insights shared by so many members of our community. I’m firmly committed to the philosophy that the Primal Blueprint is a personal journey, not another regimented program designed for short-term results at the expense of long-term sustainability. I see how you readers have taken a dream and turned it into a movement…so let’s keep the experiment going!
As usual, I want to do something special for devoted Mark’s Daily Apple readers on this book release day. I’m offering some fantastic free gifts  for this urgent promotion that expires on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 12 pm PDT. The 90-Day Journal will only be available from PrimalBlueprint.com  for the first couple months of release. See all the details below, but first a little more about the book:
Inside the 282 pages you’ll find:
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to conduct personal experiments and use the book to discover how your body works.
- Sample experiments for weight loss, improving sleep, moderating systemic inflammation and others to set you off in the right direction.
- Spacious, two-page daily journal spreads with assorted customization options for meal and workout particulars, subjective “Success Scores” (for daily energy, motivation, health and goal progress), and data from unique personal experiments that you design and track during your 90-day journey.
- Baseline, 30, 60, and 90-day evaluations to help you track your progress and analyze your data.
- An extensive discussion on testing various blood markers with accompanying journal entry pages.
- A handy Primal resource section covering all the key Primal Blueprint concepts, food and meal suggestions, workout guidelines, macronutrient values for common meals and snacks, and more.
This book represents a thoughtful presentation of everything you need to conduct your own personal experiments, to stay focused, accountable, and motivated to live Primally. And it’s the perfect companion book to The Primal Blueprint and the Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation. So grab your copy today:
Update: The 90-Day Journal is still available at PrimalBlueprint.com , but the special limited-time offer detailed below has come to end.
What Freebies Do I Get When I Purchase One or More Copies?
Order 1 Copy and You Get:
1. Experiment of One: 100 Personal Experiments Created by Mark’s Daily Apple Readers: Earlier this month, I asked Mark’s Daily Apple readers for their ideas for personal experiments. I received hundreds of responses, and this eBook showcases the best of them. Broken into nine chapters, including chapters on weight loss, sleep, improving digestion, and increasing energy levels to name a few, this eBook stands as a perfect jumping off point for your experiments of one. Uncover how your body works, how it responds to certain foods and different types of exercise, and customize the Primal Blueprint way of life to meet your unique needs. If you’re lacking for experiment ideas, your fellow MDA readers and this eBook have you covered.
2. Primal Blueprint Wristband: You’ve been asking for Primal Blueprint wristbands for years. They’re finally available. This debossed wristband is imprinted with “Primal Blueprint” and the image of Grok. It’s made of durable, waterproof silicone, and is the perfect way to show your support for the Primal way of life. You can be the first to get your hands on one when you buy a copy of the 90-Day Journal.
3. $10 Gift Certificate to PrimalBlueprint.com : Spend it like cash and order whatever you want, perhaps a cookbook  to go with the 90-Day Journal? Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to try a Primal Essentials Kit , Primal Fuel  or Master Formula  on for size! (The coupon code is good for any product at PrimalBlueprint.com and expires on 07/31/12.)
Order 3 (Or More) Copies and You Get:
1. All the aforementioned freebies – the $10 Gift Certificate, the wristband, and the eBook plus…
2. Access to the exclusive, password-protected eBook – “Primal Living in the REAL World: Part 2”: In this 134-page eBook, hundreds of Primal enthusiasts share their challenges, solutions and practical tips for how they get – and stay – Primal. It’s like having the advice of 300 coaches. Still new to the Primal Blueprint and just trying to figure out the basics? Part II of this reader-created series is just what you need. Ever wonder how to keep costs down while eating Primal? Or what to feed Primal kids? Or how to go Primal with an unsupportive spouse? Are you struggling with adding more play time into your life, or with finding your 80/20 balance? You’ll find solutions to these and many more questions in this eBook.
3. A signed copy of the original Primal Blueprint hardcover edition (released in 2009): This is the book that started it all. If you haven’t read it, you have some catching up to do!
Earlier this year The Primal Blueprint was released in paperback format, and there aren’t plans to do another hardcover printing. I still have a handful of hardcovers in stock, but numbers are dwindling quickly so this could be your last chance to grab a copy of the hardcover before new copies are gone forever. If you already own a copy of The Primal Blueprint this is the perfect opportunity to pick up a free copy for a friend or family member. And whether it’s for you or some other lucky recipient, I’ll include my John Hancock in the book.
4. Plus an additional $10 Gift Certificate to PrimalBlueprint.com , bringing the total to $20. This means for a net 3 bucks you can grab a copy of my new book today. (The coupon code is good for any product at PrimalBlueprint.com and expires on 07/31/12.)
How Do I Get These Freebies?
1. Order your book(s) at PrimalBlueprint.com before midnight Wednesday, July 4:
2. Email your receipt to the appropriate email address:
- If you purchase 1-2 copies email your receipt to email@example.com 
- If you purchase 3 or more copies email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org 
3. You will receive your gift certificate code and eBook (PDF) download instructions by reply email. (Please be patient. The Worker Bees will be reviewing receipts and sending you instructions on how to access all of your freebies within 24 hours.)
Thank you for your participation and support! If you have any questions about ordering, or this promotion, please email us  for an immediate, timely response, or call 888-774-6259 (or 310-317-4414).
- I’ll honor any 90-Day Journal pre-orders made on Amazon.com before today, June 27. Just follow the instructions above to get your freebies.
- Coupon code discounts used on orders containing products that automatically bill and ship every 30 days only apply to the first order, and not subsequent automatic delivery orders.
- Primal Blueprint wristbands and the hardcover edition of The Primal Blueprint will ship with your order of the 90-Day Journal. The wristbands will NOT show up in your shopping cart upon checkout, but they will ship with your 90-Day Journal.
- There are no shipping and handling charges for domestic orders of the 90-Day Journal. There is a $9.95 handling fee for all international 90-Day Journal orders.
- Please allow 7-14 business days to receive your order.
Please show your support for Mark’s Daily Apple and share this post with the world by clicking the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email buttons below.
Update: The 90-Day Journal is still available at PrimalBlueprint.com, but the special limited-time offer detailed in this post has come to end.