Whether you bring a personal faith tradition to this time of year or not, I think there’s something to be valued in the ritual and community of the holidays. It offers us one of those rare occasions in our culture to collectively come together, reflect and relax into the moment. However we choose to observe the day, we hopefully have the chance to do something that enhances our social connectedness, our spiritual good and emotional well-being. If I have one wish for each and every one of my readers, it’s that you claim the day to fill the well somehow – whatever that means for you and your life right now.
Every year I take stock of how grateful I am for the people in my life, the experiences of the year and the work I love doing here among all of you. It’s given me the chance to share the perspective and research that has made such a difference in my life, and it’s a gift to see how it’s made a difference in others’ lives as well.
Enjoy your holiday, everyone. And if you’re so inspired, take a look back at some of the posts that reflect on the Primal significance of (and suggestions for) the holiday experience. Thank you all for sharing the journey….
- The Power of Holiday Tradition
- Savoring the Holiday
- A Primal Take on the Holidays: Surviving or Thriving?
- Dear Mark: Family Dinner
- Social Wellness, or Why Friendship Should Be a Health Priority
- The Benefits of Giving Thanks
- The Power of Touch
- Primal Play: Dance
- 10 Active Ways to Celebrate the Holidays
- Eat. Rejoice. Repeat.
- The Definitive Guide to Sugar
- The Psychology of Giving Up Junk Food
- The 80/20 Principle: When 20 Inches Toward 40
- Choose Your Booze: A Guide to Healthy Drinking
- Primal Holiday Desserts
- 15 Primal Ways to Savor the Holiday Season
- The Joy of Receiving
- Gateway Foods: The Slippery Slope of “Just a Bite”
- 10 Healthier Ways to Spend Black Friday