Thread: Primal Challenge Journal johnnymal page

johnnymal Guest

Primal Fuel

official day 1. Need to weight tonight. Also huge goal I forgot to mention was that I will be limiting fruit to one or two servings a day and increasing veggies. I have no problem with fruit but I got into the habit of eating whole watermelons and prunes by the fistful daily. A tad too much.

Meals

8am

3 eggs scrambled, cooked in coconut oil

1 chicken sausage link

2fish oil caps

11am

almonds (raw and unsalted of course)

1pm

grilled chicken

roasted tomatoes

asparagus

2fish oil caps

5pm

planning small leftover portion of

grilled chicken

roasted tomatoes

asparagus

7pm

planning something grassfed and grilled with a ton of veggies

johnnymal Guest

Day 2 wasn't bad. I traveled for work and had no time for cooking, hunting, or foraging so I fasted. Broke the fast in the evening with a chicken breast with some organic salsa and guac (both pretty clean with minimal ingredients)

Day 3 is going well. I'm going to try and cut out dairy today. I've been munching on some cheese in the house that has been lingering since a saturday dinner party. I might have to just throw it out. I know some is ok per PB but i'm eating many ounces, several times a day. Also going to try and get some unsalted nuts.

johnnymal Guest

random thought this afternoon...

the thing I have a hard time explaining to people is that PB is not about losing weight or getting in shape or hitting physical goals. Those things are imprtant, but to me it's about getting healthy, and all those other things are the awesome side effects.

The problem is convincing other people that they are indeed 'sick' or at least leaving themselves vulnerable to sickness, of which some form is almost inevitable in our modern world. People always ask me when i can eat certain foods again or when I can have a drink again. They don't get that the immediate 30 day or 1 week goal or whatever interim period I challenge myself with is not the goal in and of itself. The goal is lifestyle change.

So with that said, does anyone struggle with the constant barrage of confusion and opposition you get from friends/family/and others?

johnnymal Guest

I have not been doing so well on the challenge but giving myself an official restart today.

Breakfast

3 eggs

3 uncured organic slices bacon

1/2 grapefruit

johnnymal Guest

oh and fish oil and coffee.

johnnymal Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

lunch

chicken with red curry and coconut milk

on grated cauliflower

2 fish oil caps