Grain Free Baked "Spaghetti" Bolognese
I'm not a huge pasta fan but in Winter, I always want to eat heavier foods. It's the middle of Winter here in the southern hemisphere. This dish hits the spot for those cold winter nights.
BAKED “SPAGHETTI” BOLOGNESE
1 large spaghetti squash
1 tbs butter
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup mushrooms sliced
500 grams ground beef
2 cups store bought pasta sauce
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and roast in the oven for 40 minutes at 175°C.
- Heat the butter in a skillet with the garlic and mushrooms.
- Saute until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add the ground beef and stir until the meat is browned all over.
- Drain any extra juice.
- Add in the store bought pasta sauce and mix well.
- Grease a large rectangular casserole dish.
- First layer is the cooked “spaghetti” squash evenly.
- Second layer is the bolognese mix.
- Third layer is the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 175°C.
- Finish off under the hot grill until the cheese is browned.
Makes 8 servings.
This looks really good, and I just perused your site as well. Wow! Lots of great looking recipes. I book marked the blog and will definitely go back for recipe inspiration! Thank you