Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (PattySt - 50yo Mom) page 2

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Patty, your life sounds as hectic as mine! (My kids are 23, 19, 17, and 7.) Thanks for commenting on my journal...the support makes a huge difference. It's funny you mentioned the milk thing--I just bought a gallon of whole milk for the first time in years, LOL. Baby stepping right along with ya.

PattySt Guest

2% milk went well. When I mentioned whole milk DD said "no way". Although she did make some great gluten free cookies yesterday form a mix...Red Mill. I had one and they were delish. They had lots of things like garbanzo flour, etc. Not too primal with all the bean stuff and brown sugar. But I have to say that they didn't feel like huge lump in my stomach, nor did I feel like I 'needed' more. i do feel that wheat is by far the worst grain for me so while I won't be overindulging in gluten free cookie, it's nice for a treat.

Dinner last night was brocolli with susage tomato sauce and some shredded mozzarella. Workout was CorssFit's 'row-burpee-run". I scaled it to 300m row, 10 squat thrusters, 200m run. Three rounds for time. I was a great workout! Brekfast this morning was scrabled eggs with turkey bacon and grapes. And of course coffe w/ 2% milk

Have a great day everyone! Peace

PattySt Guest

Had almonds for a snack at 10:30.

1:00 went to lunch with the in-laws and some of their friends (I have the BEST in-laws in the world!) While they all chose pasta & pizza, I chose (she says smuggly) a salad with mixed green, eggs, tomato, cucumber and free range chicken. It had buttermilk dressing that was salty, not sweet, but not too bad, considering it was the only thing on the menu even remotely primal! I didn't even have wine since I had to come back to work! Success with eating out!!

Peace, out!

primalmom is offline Member

yay !!!!!

Did you get the "looks" ??? Like - why are you not gorging with us ????

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

PattySt Guest

PM- It was really quite amusing. One couple had gained A LOT of weight since last I saw them. They asked about my husband and I told them how he called me that very morning to share the news that he is down to 217 lbs (from 282 on Jan 1). They of course were polite, but quite sheepish...as they ordered their wine and pasta...then followed up with desert! Argh!

Last night I was able to get out of doors for a 3mi walk, then pullups & push ups on the playground. Had to kick a little kid off the bar for my last set of pullups! (Nicely of course!!)It has been over 100 degrees for a few weeks so it was stifling to be out and it felt great to be back on our gorgeous river trail!

Dinner was turkey breast, blueberries, cashews and -hold on to your hats- an ear of corn on the cob. It was delish now that Iam alowwing myself to use butter again...no regrets!

Breakfast: scrambled egge with a little cheddar, grapes, coffee w/ milk

TGIF! Peace, out!

PattySt Guest

I just wrote a novel of my weekend, then clicked somehting and lost it....ARGH! So here is the reader's digest version:

Friday night I made 'pizza' where the crust was shredded zuchini, egg, paremesean & garlic...YUM!

Saturday night went out to three different social functions (wedding, class reunion and friends house). Did great food wise, but had two beers and two glasses of wine. I count it as a success!

Back to a busy week today!

Peace, out!

maba is offline Senior Member

PatytSt, how did you make the pizza crust. I have some zucchini at home and would love to try your pizza.

primalmom is offline Member

ditto the pizza crust !!!!

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

PattySt Guest

Hope you all enjoy the pizza crust. I posted it to a new thread to share with all!

Breakfast today...scrambled eggs & applesauce. Snack = almonds, lunch = string cheese, baby carrots & cashews. Dinner = no idea! Must think of something, but after being wife/mom for 20 years I am so DONE with thinking up stuff for dinner!!! I am sure it will involve brocolli and ground beef as that is what's in the fridge

TGI Monday...NOT

Peace!

PattySt Guest

Two things about yesterday....I lifted heavy things and I hate my current schedule.

First...I did deadlifts and push presses at the gym. My husband went to a barbell seminar by Mark Rippetoe (the best in the business) and we finally had time to work together on these lifts. I deadlifted 115lbs and relaly feel i could max with more. I pressed 45...tried 55 but couldn't do it. Still...learned a lot about technique and had a great work out with DH.

My schedule is get off work at 4, home by 4:10 (the communte is excellent eat enough to keep going, but not too much to work out, leave at 5:40 to take DS to driver's ed, go to gym at 6, workout and hang out unitl driver's ed is over at 8, dinner around 8:30 or 9...bed by 10.

Trying to get errands or chores done in between is horrible! DH is working long hours so we just have a hard time fitting it all in. OK ehnough whining...driver's ed is only 5 weeks then school starts and schedules will be hectic, but in sync!

OK...enough of that. Eating has been great...chicken, brocolli with spaghetti sauce over it for dinner last night. Would like to get more veggies in the mix during the day, but haven't had much time for prep. have come to realize that lacto/primal is the way to go for me, although I do try to keep cheese minimal.

That's all for now...I hope all is well with all who read this!

Peace

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast