Thread: Best Food Processor? page

amawill is offline Junior Member

Best Food Processor?

Primal Fuel
    I need to replace my food processor and want to make sure I get the right one that can do nuts well etc. What is everyones favorite food processor?

MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Mine is a medium sized Kitchen Aid. When I decided on the size I wanted, I googled consumer reports to see which was top-rated in my price range, and it was for the year I purchased it. Not all of CR's info is available online, but sometimes there is info posted on different sites. I am very happy with my FP.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    I have a die-cast 12 cup Cuisinart that I use at least once a week. It's heavy and beautiful and works well. It came with a 4-cup bowl to place inside if I have smaller batches of things to blend. I've made nut butter in it just fine, and use it to blend sauces and soups, as well as larabar copycats and cookie dough. I've had it for almost a year. My mom still has her Cuisinart 30 years later and I did a lot of research before settling on this one and I love it!

constyosousa is offline Junior Member

Cuisinart Prep 11 plus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by amawill View Post
    I need to replace my food processor and want to make sure I get the right one that can do nuts well etc. What is everyones favorite food processor?
    I like the Cuisinart Prep 11 plus. The thing about shredding nuts is that if the space between the blades and the walls of the cut is too big, it does not shred very well, and you always end up having big chunks of nuts. So you keep shredding more and more to try to get those big chunks, and you end up turning the rest into powder.

That is why I like the Cuisinart Prep 11 plus. Also, it has the pulse feature that lets you control the speed so tho get the perfect consistency in whatever you are shredding, chopping or mixing. It is a great tool. I have listed several other reasons why here. Check it out if interested. I hope it helps.