Thread: How bad is homemade juice that's not fresh?

How bad is homemade juice that's not fresh?

Shop Now
    I know that we are supposed to avoid juice, some say limit starchy foods, etc. However, given the fact that I'm going to drink some carrot juice, which is better:

1. Store bought organic carrot juice (Bolthouse farms).
    I believe they claim it's 100% carrots but I believe I saw an article about nasty stuff involved in the processing.

2. Homemade organic carrot juice which isn't fresh.
    I am leaning toward this. I know you are supposed to drink the juice as fast as possible or the benefits diminish, but the reason I ask is: I need to sometimes prepare in advance, so I don't run out. I also can't manage to make the juice every day due to disabilities. I also don't want to throw out (waste) if I ever felt like drinking less than I made.

Is the only bad thing that I'd get less vitamins/minerals from the juice that sat in the fridge for 8-36 hours? With store bought juice it can take me days to drink it too.

I think you answered your own question.
    The Champagne of Beards

Ok Thanks.

Basically, home made juice is "good" for 24 hrs, more or less.

And I drink juice, so it's not like the whole paleo world is anti juice.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Basically, home made juice is "good" for 24 hrs, more or less.

And I drink juice, so it's not like the whole paleo world is anti juice.
    24 is longer than I thought. I'll try to usually limit it to 24 hours. That will work.

Yes, and this is carrot juice not fruit juice I'm talking about. I am against store bought fruit juice (but don't know if vegetable juice was better, I think it's not).

Yeah. Vitamins tend to become oxidized in juice form but I drink orange juice and grapefruit juice a lot. Then again I am not primal just plain vanilla paleo with a dash of peat.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

yup. i consider myself paleo.

i make a green juice daily that's kale (or collards/chard/etc), spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, coriander, ginger, and lemon. And, I like to add an apple and a grapefruit to it, too, sometimes.

Then, my other three favorite juices are:

1. orange dream: carrots, tangelos (or oranges), coconut water, vanilla and a bit of ginger;

2. tina sparkle: beets, apple, lemon, ginger

3. other green: kale (or collards/chard), romaine, parsley, spinach, pomegranate, cucumber

Those are a few of my favorite juices. yay. juice!

Interesting link here about juicing and how long juice is good, by a cancer survivor who uses juice as part of his daily therapy.

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/the-t...uicer-is-best/

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Interesting link here about juicing and how long juice is good, by a cancer survivor who uses juice as part of his daily therapy.

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/the-t...uicer-is-best/
    Thanks for that link.