Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man Boobs and Belly page 5

ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    That's my day finished. I was in the most foul of moods for most of the evening, frustration causing it. Whilst it's early days I am just so down for not losing any fat at all, i'm at the stage that i'd be happy with the loss of grams just to know i'm heading in the right direction. It is seriously affecting my mood. Still we must struggle on and unfortunately it is all feeling like a struggle, sad to say i'm not enjoying primal living right at the moment however I will not be quitting.

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    I think you really need to add some exercise, when I started CrossFit last year I couldn't do 3 squats.
    People ask me how much weight I have lost and the number is actually quite low but I'm down 3 pant sizes!!!!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fillyone View Post
    I think you really need to add some exercise, when I started CrossFit last year I couldn't do 3 squats.
    People ask me how much weight I have lost and the number is actually quite low but I'm down 3 pant sizes!!!!
    I'd love to, i know it's the catalyst needed but at the moment i'm consumed with arthritic pain from foot to shoulders. I am pushing through by upping my walking already.

3 pant sizes!!! Very well done, you must feel awesome.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Depending on where your body and your health was to begin with, fat loss my not be your body's priority. How has the other health issues reacted? It may be that becoming healthy will take most of the resources you are giving yourself and it may take time for fat loss to happen.

also if you have upped your exercise then you may not have lost "weight" but you may have gained muscle and lost some size. in 2 years I have dropped from a 52 waist to a 38 inch waist. Stop weighing your self and measure your self, take naked selfies and compare month to month.

Exercise will be important. Walk a lot, fit it into your life anywhere you can as much as you can. Lift heavy when you can but walking will do you better than anything else to start. It is free and requires no fancy equipment. I cant sprint so I climb all the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I walk to do my groceries and with the dog.

and remember more veggies.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoobDriver View Post
    I'd love to, i know it's the catalyst needed but at the moment i'm consumed with arthritic pain from foot to shoulders. I am pushing through by upping my walking already.
    I understand this perfectly as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis!! I was unable to work for a year while they found my medication cocktail! RA was actually the catalyst for the change to what I put in my mouth!!

Given your level of pain then I suggest trying to take your focus off weight loss numbers, I put my scales in the closet!!

Hanging on my 'fridge:
    Eat mostly foods that help me feel good physically and emotionally, eat few that do the opposite and be conscious of that choice while it can still be made
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

By the way, the change in diet and exercise has allowed me to cut the medications in half!!!!!!!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

~ Dr G & Barb ~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345