Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Man Boobs and Belly page 4

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would have the same aches if I ate potato starch as I am sensitive to nightshades and for me, potato is the worst! I never get stomach/GI disturbances, but feel like the flu with body aces if I eat potatoes.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoobDriver View Post
    Today however has been real very horrible. I have been plagued by aches, not gentle annoying aches but aches that have made me want to go foetal and cry, the aches have been in my lower back, hip joints, knees and oddly down the back of my thighs. I have absolutely no idea what is causing it as i've not suffered this before but it is bloody horrible, could be onset of illness, something in my diet, supplementary needs, electrolytes, god only knows but I wished he'd email to give me a hint. Any input would be appreciated.
    That looks to me like insufficient electrolytes or carbs.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That looks to me like insufficient electrolytes or carbs.
    Which supplements would be best to get right amount of electrolytes. I salt everything.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:

1 Lamb Lamb Leg Steak, 250g of Fage Total Greek Yogurt with 100g of strawberries and 75g of blueberries blitzed and mix in, 20g potato starch.

Lunch:

4 eggs scrambled

Dinner:

3 Lamb Leg Steaks pan cooked with fresh ginger and chilli

100g of Cauliflower

100g of Broccoli

100g of Carrots

75g Spinach

Calories: 1800 kcal

Protein: 153g

Carbs: 43g

Fat: 110g

Sugar: 35g

Sodium: 847mg

Potassium: 778mg

MyFitnessPal Breakdown:

Still have aching hips, knees slightly less so, thighs still just slightly.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    For the electrolyte issue, I would recommend a cup or two of regular bouillon like herb ox or knorr. Yes there are trace amts of bad things in them, but they will help within minutes. This is definitely a case of "the dose makes the poison". Bouillon was an essential part of my vlc program.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    For the electrolyte issue, I would recommend a cup or two of regular bouillon like herb ox or knorr. Yes there are trace amts of bad things in them, but they will help within minutes. This is definitely a case of "the dose makes the poison". Bouillon was an essential part of my vlc program.
    Thanks, i'll give a knorr cube a try.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Heya Choob. Welcome and all that.

Ya dont really like veggies do ya? I dont blame ya I hate them myself however you must up your veggie intake a lot and in a larger variety. Your nutrition will improve as you do.

Mayhaps it is a lack of cooking skill or local availability?

I discovered that you can roast a whole bunch of veggies and they are as tasty as they are simple to make. peppers, onions, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, etc. chop them to your desire, cover with olive oil and spices, toss a bit and then roast in a pan at 400F till done.

I add spinach and kale finely chopped to everything I can, eggs, mincemeat, chicken liver etc. I have discovered so many different greens besides lettuce that you can add in every meal.

Chopped cabbage and onions fried with bacon. a breakfast of champions.

Squashes and pumpkins can be added to stews, chillies and curries.

Do you like salsa? a half cup or more poured on 4 boiled eggs or a can of sardines makes a great meal.

Think of this as you plan your meals, each meal should be some variation of protein, fats and a double handful of veggies.

Doing this, I have found that 2 meals a day have become sufficient and I dont eat until around noon. I still eat 3500 kcal ish a day and am loosing weight slowly. YMMV of course but hey.

I have found that the folks at everyday paleo have a great podcast and their advice is sound, simple and fun.

Podcasts | Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness give em a listen.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Heya Choob. Welcome and all that.

Ya dont really like veggies do ya? I dont blame ya I hate them myself however you must up your veggie intake a lot and in a larger variety. Your nutrition will improve as you do.

Mayhaps it is a lack of cooking skill or local availability?

I discovered that you can roast a whole bunch of veggies and they are as tasty as they are simple to make. peppers, onions, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, etc. chop them to your desire, cover with olive oil and spices, toss a bit and then roast in a pan at 400F till done.

I add spinach and kale finely chopped to everything I can, eggs, mincemeat, chicken liver etc. I have discovered so many different greens besides lettuce that you can add in every meal.

Chopped cabbage and onions fried with bacon. a breakfast of champions.

Squashes and pumpkins can be added to stews, chillies and curries.

Do you like salsa? a half cup or more poured on 4 boiled eggs or a can of sardines makes a great meal.

Think of this as you plan your meals, each meal should be some variation of protein, fats and a double handful of veggies.

Doing this, I have found that 2 meals a day have become sufficient and I dont eat until around noon. I still eat 3500 kcal ish a day and am loosing weight slowly. YMMV of course but hey.

I have found that the folks at everyday paleo have a great podcast and their advice is sound, simple and fun.

Podcasts | Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness give em a listen.
    Yeah, not crazy about a lot of veggies, i like broccolli, cauliflower, spinach, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, onion, tomatoes and that's about it.

I have started upping quantity.

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    I didn't like most veggies and hated Brussels Sprouts. This fall I decided to give them a try. Addicted LOL
    What I am discovering is I hate over cooked veggies and if I lightly sauté instead I'm finding them quite good. This holds true for broccoli and asparagus as well!!
    Favorite breakfast if mine is:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390955157.738755.jpg
    Scrambled eggs with meat (in this case shoulder bacon), Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli and some Guacamole
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Quote Originally Posted by fillyone View Post
    I didn't like most veggies and hated Brussels Sprouts. This fall I decided to give them a try. Addicted LOL
    What I am discovering is I hate over cooked veggies and if I lightly sauté instead I'm finding them quite good. This holds true for broccoli and asparagus as well!!
    Favorite breakfast if mine is:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390955157.738755.jpg
    Scrambled eggs with meat (in this case shoulder bacon), Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli and some Guacamole
    Agree with you on overcooked veggies, may as well not bother at all. I far prefer them the raw side of cooked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast