Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Man Boobs and Belly page 4

  1. #31
    Mud Flinger's Avatar
    Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver Suburbs, CO
    Posts
    1,866
    Shop Now
    I would have the same aches if I ate potato starch as I am sensitive to nightshades and for me, potato is the worst! I never get stomach/GI disturbances, but feel like the flu with body aces if I eat potatoes.

  2. #32
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoobDriver View Post
    Today however has been real very horrible. I have been plagued by aches, not gentle annoying aches but aches that have made me want to go foetal and cry, the aches have been in my lower back, hip joints, knees and oddly down the back of my thighs. I have absolutely no idea what is causing it as i've not suffered this before but it is bloody horrible, could be onset of illness, something in my diet, supplementary needs, electrolytes, god only knows but I wished he'd email to give me a hint. Any input would be appreciated.
    That looks to me like insufficient electrolytes or carbs.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  3. #33
    ChoobDriver's Avatar
    ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That looks to me like insufficient electrolytes or carbs.
    Which supplements would be best to get right amount of electrolytes. I salt everything.

  4. #34
    ChoobDriver's Avatar
    ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    52
    Today I ate:

    Breakfast:

    1 Lamb Lamb Leg Steak, 250g of Fage Total Greek Yogurt with 100g of strawberries and 75g of blueberries blitzed and mix in, 20g potato starch.

    Lunch:

    4 eggs scrambled

    Dinner:

    3 Lamb Leg Steaks pan cooked with fresh ginger and chilli

    100g of Cauliflower

    100g of Broccoli

    100g of Carrots

    75g Spinach


    Calories: 1800 kcal

    Protein: 153g

    Carbs: 43g

    Fat: 110g

    Sugar: 35g

    Sodium: 847mg

    Potassium: 778mg

    MyFitnessPal Breakdown:


    Still have aching hips, knees slightly less so, thighs still just slightly.

  5. #35
    Pebbles67's Avatar
    Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mid-Hudson Valley New York
    Posts
    9,547
    For the electrolyte issue, I would recommend a cup or two of regular bouillon like herb ox or knorr. Yes there are trace amts of bad things in them, but they will help within minutes. This is definitely a case of "the dose makes the poison". Bouillon was an essential part of my vlc program.

  6. #36
    ChoobDriver's Avatar
    ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    For the electrolyte issue, I would recommend a cup or two of regular bouillon like herb ox or knorr. Yes there are trace amts of bad things in them, but they will help within minutes. This is definitely a case of "the dose makes the poison". Bouillon was an essential part of my vlc program.
    Thanks, i'll give a knorr cube a try.

  7. #37
    Warmbear's Avatar
    Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    640
    Heya Choob. Welcome and all that.

    Ya dont really like veggies do ya? I dont blame ya I hate them myself however you must up your veggie intake a lot and in a larger variety. Your nutrition will improve as you do.

    Mayhaps it is a lack of cooking skill or local availability?

    I discovered that you can roast a whole bunch of veggies and they are as tasty as they are simple to make. peppers, onions, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, etc. chop them to your desire, cover with olive oil and spices, toss a bit and then roast in a pan at 400F till done.

    I add spinach and kale finely chopped to everything I can, eggs, mincemeat, chicken liver etc. I have discovered so many different greens besides lettuce that you can add in every meal.

    Chopped cabbage and onions fried with bacon. a breakfast of champions.

    Squashes and pumpkins can be added to stews, chillies and curries.

    Do you like salsa? a half cup or more poured on 4 boiled eggs or a can of sardines makes a great meal.

    Think of this as you plan your meals, each meal should be some variation of protein, fats and a double handful of veggies.

    Doing this, I have found that 2 meals a day have become sufficient and I dont eat until around noon. I still eat 3500 kcal ish a day and am loosing weight slowly. YMMV of course but hey.

    I have found that the folks at everyday paleo have a great podcast and their advice is sound, simple and fun.

    Podcasts | Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness give em a listen.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

  8. #38
    ChoobDriver's Avatar
    ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    Heya Choob. Welcome and all that.

    Ya dont really like veggies do ya? I dont blame ya I hate them myself however you must up your veggie intake a lot and in a larger variety. Your nutrition will improve as you do.

    Mayhaps it is a lack of cooking skill or local availability?

    I discovered that you can roast a whole bunch of veggies and they are as tasty as they are simple to make. peppers, onions, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, parsnips, etc. chop them to your desire, cover with olive oil and spices, toss a bit and then roast in a pan at 400F till done.

    I add spinach and kale finely chopped to everything I can, eggs, mincemeat, chicken liver etc. I have discovered so many different greens besides lettuce that you can add in every meal.

    Chopped cabbage and onions fried with bacon. a breakfast of champions.

    Squashes and pumpkins can be added to stews, chillies and curries.

    Do you like salsa? a half cup or more poured on 4 boiled eggs or a can of sardines makes a great meal.

    Think of this as you plan your meals, each meal should be some variation of protein, fats and a double handful of veggies.

    Doing this, I have found that 2 meals a day have become sufficient and I dont eat until around noon. I still eat 3500 kcal ish a day and am loosing weight slowly. YMMV of course but hey.

    I have found that the folks at everyday paleo have a great podcast and their advice is sound, simple and fun.

    Podcasts | Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness give em a listen.
    Yeah, not crazy about a lot of veggies, i like broccolli, cauliflower, spinach, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, onion, tomatoes and that's about it.

    I have started upping quantity.

  9. #39
    fillyone's Avatar
    fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    162
    I didn't like most veggies and hated Brussels Sprouts. This fall I decided to give them a try. Addicted LOL
    What I am discovering is I hate over cooked veggies and if I lightly sauté instead I'm finding them quite good. This holds true for broccoli and asparagus as well!!
    Favorite breakfast if mine is:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390955157.738755.jpg
    Scrambled eggs with meat (in this case shoulder bacon), Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli and some Guacamole
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

    "Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

  10. #40
    ChoobDriver's Avatar
    ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by fillyone View Post
    I didn't like most veggies and hated Brussels Sprouts. This fall I decided to give them a try. Addicted LOL
    What I am discovering is I hate over cooked veggies and if I lightly sauté instead I'm finding them quite good. This holds true for broccoli and asparagus as well!!
    Favorite breakfast if mine is:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1390955157.738755.jpg
    Scrambled eggs with meat (in this case shoulder bacon), Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli and some Guacamole
    Agree with you on overcooked veggies, may as well not bother at all. I far prefer them the raw side of cooked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •