Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I'm begining to suspect Primal is a joke page 6

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pate is great for the liver-squeamish.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Fuzzy is offline Junior Member
    You are at a healthy weight it seems. So your body naturally wants to plateau at this weight or maybe even go up a little by building more muscle for you. It seems like the diet is in the early stages of working that our for you!

Also, maybe fasting for you right now is not the best choice. Your body is at a stable weight. If you stop eating, then it will hold on to whatever fat is already has. Now if you were obese, then your body would just happily eat itself for a little while as it already had too much leftovers in the pantry, if you know what I mean.

So just eat well, keep it up, and after a few months, maybe you'll notice your skin looks more healthy and you have a better muscle to fat ratio!~

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    I also purchase a lot of cheap grass-fed cuts I've never cooked before and learn how to cook them (thank you internet!). I've found some great recipes for stews, melt-in-your-mouth brisket, braised shanks & ribs, etc.
    This has been one of greatest bonuses of turning to real, local food. We regularly eat meals now that rival what we previously only enjoyed in high end, farm-to-table type restaurants. It has taken me a while to get the hang of planning, shopping and cooking this way, but I'm so glad (and my family's so glad) I was brave enough to just take it one step at a time. The food is incredible!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Quote Originally Posted by ChoobDriver View Post
    Hello all,

10 Days, 10 arduous days of Primal eating so far and I have gained 1/4 pound. I haven't even lost the water weight that many do wtf.
    My bf is 6 feet tall and was 205 when he started Primal and worked his way down to 190 over the course of a couple months. Here are the things I think helped him out a lot: He sprints a couple times a week and does push ups every day. He takes a small spoonful of coconut oil or coconut butter every morning to rev up his metabolism. And perhaps most importantly, he watches his calories. For example, at a point where he was struggling to lose pounds he was eating 4 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon every morning (along with leftover veggies and maybe a little leftover meat), and he cut that down to 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (along with leftover veggies and maybe a little leftover meat) and that made a HUGE difference. I know sometimes primal people say you don't have to count calories, and while you don't have to obsessively count calories, you do have to be somewhat aware of how many calories you are eating. There are certain high calorie foods (nut butters especially) that you have to be really aware of if you are focusing on weight loss. Take a rough inventory of how many calories you are eating and see if there is anywhere you can cut back. I know with my bf, he didn't even notice the difference in his breakfast when he cut his egg and bacon serving in half. Those were just extra calories he was shoving in every morning for no real reason.
    My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

ChoobDriver is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBeachPrimal View Post
    My bf is 6 feet tall and was 205 when he started Primal and worked his way down to 190 over the course of a couple months. Here are the things I think helped him out a lot: He sprints a couple times a week and does push ups every day. He takes a small spoonful of coconut oil or coconut butter every morning to rev up his metabolism. And perhaps most importantly, he watches his calories. For example, at a point where he was struggling to lose pounds he was eating 4 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon every morning (along with leftover veggies and maybe a little leftover meat), and he cut that down to 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (along with leftover veggies and maybe a little leftover meat) and that made a HUGE difference. I know sometimes primal people say you don't have to count calories, and while you don't have to obsessively count calories, you do have to be somewhat aware of how many calories you are eating. There are certain high calorie foods (nut butters especially) that you have to be really aware of if you are focusing on weight loss. Take a rough inventory of how many calories you are eating and see if there is anywhere you can cut back. I know with my bf, he didn't even notice the difference in his breakfast when he cut his egg and bacon serving in half. Those were just extra calories he was shoving in every morning for no real reason.
    Thank you, that is reassuring. Have started to use MyFitnessPal to track food.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Are you laying down muscle?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Are you laying down muscle?
    I wouldn't have thought so. Going through a bad attack of gout, getting through the day is painful enough.

Best advice i've been offered so far? "give it time", gonna do just that.

Primaholic is offline Junior Member
    You seriously can't judge success from simply 10 days and an body weight adjustment that probably lies with the scale's error range.

Focus on the process, while respecting, enjoying, and even understanding the science behind it. I feel like a part of success is how you feel mentally and emotionally (such as being optimistic).

Keep it up and good luck.
    Male|18|5'8|155-160 lbs|University of Florida

Had a really odd morning this morning. Got up at 5am, I was consumed with rage, not talking anger but full on rage, god forbid what might have happened if some so much as stepped in my path, was already fighting to contain it. Never felt anything like it before. Thankfully it disappeared once I ate at about 10am and my day and mood improved considerably.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    I don't buy steak because my father can't chew it. We eat beef/pork/lamb mince - usually the cheapest in Tesco because it has a higher fat content. To be honest, grass is cheap and available year-round in the UK, so most of our beef is grass-fed though they may still supplement to boost growth, but they won't be feeding with grain or soy etc. Bacon is Tesco value for me and plenty of it. even when I'm not eating breakfast I'm using bacon in dinner, chopped or added rashers.

I fry most things in coconut oil (trying to up mct oil and ketones for my father's Alzheimer's brain) but would be happy to use lard or dripping for myself. I nuke veggies in the microwave with a teaspoon of coconut oil and they taste great. If I wasn't off dairy I'd be using butter for the veggies. I add in diced beef/pork/lamb liver and kidneys to the mince and some onion and mushrooms if you're okay with them. Fried egg and choice of veggies.

Personally I do better on low carbs as fruit or spuds have a tendency to trigger a binge on same. Ditto beer. But I don't seem to go through carb flu.

I second what most people are saying - give it time, concentrate on enjoying real food, focus on the basic primal blueprint for a month or more before you start tweaking it. too many changes at once and you can't figure out what's working and what isn't.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast