Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The American Parasite page

venfayon is offline Member

The American Parasite

Shop Now
    The America Parasite a video about the American parasite in our food that causes use to crave foods that make us fat. You don't have to buy probiotics, just eat olives, sauerkraut, pickles, or fermented food.
    Last edited by venfayon; 01-17-2014 at 09:26 PM.

MarkChopper is offline Banned
    Lol! What a scam.

lwg8tr0514 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChopper View Post
    Lol! What a scam.
    Really not a scam but not as glum as the video makes it sound. Candida is a umbrella term for a few strains of intestinal critters that when they are in balance with others are necessary for life. You can't eradicate all the Candida and function. Fairly simple to get in balance, eat Paleo\Primal, get enough rest, take a good Probiotic and only take an anti-biotic if absolutely necessary. I read that carb flu after starting eating Paleo\Primal could be pinned not only in changes in brain chemistry but a massive die off in strains of Candida in the gut and the subsequent toxins as they are digested in the stomach and large intestine. Makes sense to me.

I do buy 100% percent that Big Agra has its dirty mitts in everything, they control the messaging in the media, the government by its colossal lobby effort especially in Midwest states like Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas and Indiana. They designed the food pyramid and they keep feeding us their addicting poisons(sugar, grains, trans fats, sugar substitutes)

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lwg8tr0514 View Post
    I read that carb flu after starting eating Paleo\Primal could be pinned not only in changes in brain chemistry but a massive die off in strains of Candida in the gut and the subsequent toxins as they are digested in the stomach and large intestine. Makes sense to me.
    Makes NONSENSE to me, same as the OP of this thread! And the video I don't even bother wasting my time to watch...

Bear is offline Senior Member
    There is always a kernel of truth in everything we encounter. I've watched the video. It isn't nonsense...though it may be a little dramatized.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Is there even any proof "beneficial bacteria"(probiotics) survives in the gut?

This seems to say otherwise, at least in the case of yogurt and these "strains":

Scarce Evidence of Yogurt Lactic Acid Bacteria in Human Feces after Daily Yogurt Consumption by Healthy Volunteers

Probiotics, and its common alternative health buzz "detox", "candida", "toxins", etc seems to set off a particular quackery tone to me every single time.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Lyte is offline Senior Member
    Okay, the video was super over-dramatic, but Candida is a potential issue people should be aware of and it is real. I don't see what is "nonsense" about it.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

This seems to say otherwise, at least in the case of yogurt and these "strains":

Scarce Evidence of Yogurt Lactic Acid Bacteria in Human Feces after Daily Yogurt Consumption by Healthy Volunteers

Probiotics, and its common alternative health buzz "detox", "candida", "toxins", etc seems to set off a particular quackery tone to me every single time.
    I had wondered how these things are supposed to survive our stomach acid.

E-coli and salmonella seem to, though.

M.

Primaholic is offline Junior Member
    Interesting, deserves a bump.
    Male|18|5'8|155-160 lbs|University of Florida
    Fitness: Backpacking, Bulgarian Front Squat, Decline Medicine Ball Toss, Incline Dumbbell Press, Sprinting
    Nutrition: Abstain from all grains, Consume no legumes, Wary of dairy, Water only and plenty
    Interests: Medicine, Nutrition, Fitness, Economics, Politics

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

Some are more acid-resistant than others. I've never even heard of the strains they used in that study. More common probiotic strains are L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, B. bifidum, and B. longum. Not to mention if bacteria didn't survive digestion, we wouldn't have so much of it in our colon.

There's a lot of fake science and hype around intestinal permeability and endotoxemia from various health and wellness communities (like the all-encompassing "candida"), but it's legitimate science.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 01-25-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast