Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much D3? page

How much D3?

Primal Fuel
    I'm curious about how much vitamin d3 is appropriate? I live where winter is...well, gray and nasty. I used to take 10,000 IU per day but since it's fat soluble, I didn't want to create toxic levels in my body. I took d3, however, before I went primal and now I don't take it at all. Any advice on appropriate dosage?

M!chael is offline Member
    Short answer 4,000 or 5,000 a day in winter.

Long answer here:- Vitamin D in a New Light by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

Will our body be able to utilise D3 ingested in this way? I need some but am concerned about throwing away my limited income on quackery...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

mexica is offline Junior Member
    I self experimented and raised mine from 40 to 50 by taking 10,000/day for 3 months.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Martini is offline Member
    Will our body be able to utilise D3 ingested in this way?
    yes , got from 20 to 58 with about 240.000 IU

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Mexica, Martini, I take it those are blood concentration levels?

M.

Would dosage increase for someone who's significantly overweight?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Dosage depends on if you are maintaining or if you are treating a deficiency. 10,000/day for a couple months is good to treat a deficiency, but then you need to re-test to determine if its time to back off to maintenance levels or not (usually 4,000 is good for maintaining but is dependent on individual, time of year and lattitude).

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    you need to get your levels checked. likely you are low if you work indoors and live in the northern hemisphere.

mine was in the low 20s so i started supplementing with 10,000 ius daily. last time i had it checked it was in the 50s. if i spend time outdoors i don't take any that day. now i maintain on 5000 ius.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Caveman View Post
    Will our body be able to utilise D3 ingested in this way? I need some but am concerned about throwing away my limited income on quackery...
    it's not quackery at all. d3 is a vital precursor hormone that facilitates countless processes in the body and YES quality supps work in this case.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast