Thread: Nutritional yeast, cottage cheese, and apple cider vinegar page

Nutritional yeast, cottage cheese, and apple cider vinegar

Hi friends! Hoping for some primal thoughts on nutritional yeast and organic/unprocessed apple cider vinegar. Are they worth incorporating into my daily intake? Also, I know dairy isn't really primal but what are your thoughts on regular cottage cheese versus low fat? I don't think I'll ever be able to eliminate dairy completely. Any advice? Thanks!

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    Primal DOES include dairy if your body can tolerate it. You're thinking of Paleo. Go for full fat. There are plenty of little articles Mark Sisson has written on the main page you can search for regarding dairy.... or buy the Primal Blueprint books?

I don't know anything about nutritional yeast so I'll let someone else handle that.

Apple cider vinegar is good for digestion or as a facial toner, I know a few people on the forum use it that way. You could use it in homemade salad dressings or dilute in water to drink, or find recipes that incorporate it.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Is Smoked Salmon Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple This addresses your nutritional yeast question.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm okay with all three (nutritionally speaking). Cottage cheese and other dairy is a huge staple in my current diet (cheap and delicious-win win), but I'm sure if I want to cut the last few % of body fat and I'm stalling it would be the first thing I drop.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel