Thread: Hello from Holland page

lente is offline Junior Member

Hello from Holland

I'm 25 and I recently (a few months now) started with primal eating. To date I've lost 12 KG and I feel great. I'm also doing primal exercises and I'm beginning to see the results. Primal living is the way to go for me and I'm grateful that I've found this site. You'll be seeing more of me around here.

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Lente!
    What part of Holland are you in? I have a friend in Rijswijk & one in Vlissingen. I bet you have lovely grass-fed beef! I always love the cheese when I visit - the cows (I see) always seem to have such lovely grass to eat...
    enjoy the PB community!

I live in Alblasserdam. And we don't really have grass-fed only beef. The cows can be seen grassing outside so I guess they are partially grass-fed.(Now that I think about it, they might be milk cows, because we do love milk here. We call it the white engine.) We do have one store in the north selling grass-fed only beef. I do try to buy only organic meat.

swedeapple is offline Junior Member
    Hi Lente! I'm Swedish but I live in Holland - in Amsterdam right now. Congrats on your weightloss results! I'm (mostly) primal but am yet to see much action on the scales. But I'm not really doing the exercise except walking so that's probably why

What's the reaction from your co-workers and friends like when they learn about your primal lifestyle? I've not met a single Dutch person yet who thinks that restricting carbs might be a good idea, so I try and just avoid the topic nowadays...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's the reaction from your co-workers and friends like when they learn about your primal lifestyle?
    Mostly respectful disbelieve. Some are interested, but I've yet to see them really give it a try. My mother is fully primal though.