Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal James Ryan page 2

jimmyr72 Guest

Update: I have in fact been doing more wods, as described. I also continue to eat quite well and even more grass fed at the margin, as well as more substantial veggies, more asparagus and broccoli, not just salads.

The two goals that I am happiest about so far, however, are less alcohol, and more sleep. On Sunday I did have a beer and two margeritas, that's as excessive as it's gotten, and many nights are either zero, or one beer. Rome wasn't built in a day, this is great progress for me.

The best part, however, is the sleep! As a chronic sleep abuser, I don't think that I realized how deebilatating sleep deprivation is. I am going to bed on average over an hour earlier. Friday night, kids were away, I slept for 13 hours! yes, 13 hours! Last night, I got 8 hours. I feel great!

I am going to tack on another goal as long as we are here. More metcon, not just more workouts. I failed miserably on the 800 meter runs last night, but it was a success in that it clearly exposed to me a large flaw in the diversity of my training, and it gives me an opportunity to see vast improvement if I put my mind to it!

I am looking forward to a great day, I hope that all of you are too, good luck with your goals!

jimmyr72 Guest

OK food yesterday was all primal as usual, you can check out dinner and picture on twitter, jimmyr72.

Last night did great shoulder work, presses, push presses, push jerk. I weigh 190 and that was my heaviest push jerk last night. For me that's heavy. I need to work on form, I know I can go heavier with good form.

I did not hit my sleep goal last night, but the alcohol remains in check. It's hard to get them all right at the same time, but one thing is indisputable. This challenge is moving me forward, and helping me to be the best that I can be!

I love it! have a great day!

clayberg is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Sounds GREAT!

Love that attitude too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12